Raid advice to boost outlaw dps

Hi,

I’m looking for advice on how to boost my single target dps as outlaw rogue in Heroic+ Amirdrassil.

I’d also like to hear if anyone plays sub only on raid and outlaw on mythic, and what your experience has been with sub on mythic compared to outlaw. The main bosses I’m interested in boosting dps are the ones I’ll go for next (Smolderon, Fyraak) on heroic, though I also think I have general opportunities with Igira / better sustained single target dps.

• Which outlaw talent trees do you use for Amirdrassil bosses generally?
  • Any good videos you recommend for outlaw rogues and these bosses?
  • Do you find any situations where there is a lot of dps loss?
  • Any macros you think would help with avoiding dps loss (I’m thinking more to avoid running or situations that keep you out of combat)
  • For those with experience in heroic on sub or outlaw, does sub perform much better than outlaw? On which bosses specifically?

Playstyle wise, I use raidbots for sim and addons like Hekili, DBM, WA. I use some basic macros for combining things like RtB or AR.

New areas I am testing to help:

• Probably will add a WA to help minmax crackshot windows, though I’ve been testing this on dummies.
  • Gear-wise, I understand I can add 2 better gems and a stamina enchant, and can wean off of haste to put more in other secondaries. I don’t have the helm enchant or some vault sockets so I can’t improve those.

Appreciate additional constructive thoughts.

Thanks,

Tried sub out. Usually outlaw. Outlaw feels better on any fights with adds/cleave (at least for me), but with sub beat my Volcross record by about 20k dps even though I’m optimised for outlaw and still getting the hang of the spec. And the burst is insane. I definitely wouldn’t get 400k as outlaw and sustain for as long as sub does. I struggle with sustaining the overall dps I can get with outlaw though. I’m speaking as an inexperienced sub rogue and inexperienced raider in general though, so take it with a pinch of salt. I pretty much just log LFR runs and that’s it.

Only add-on I’d recommend is RTB tracker, and a custom afenar UI that tracks your RTB buffs and crackshot window.

Combining AR and RTB doesn’t seem wise. You need to use AR with low CPs and ideally in a crackshot window and that can definitely overlap with RTB refreshing which will be often.

I use the HO raid build usually, but just use my KiR M+ spec on heavy cleave fights sometimes. With choosing between a KiR or HO ST spec though, choose whichever floats your boat. I don’t think the HO build simming higher is more important than picking the spec you feel comfortable with.

1 Like

Hi Murakage, thank you and I appreciate the advice. I’ll check out RTB tracker.

The RtB AR and trinket macro is really only an opener I use to save a second or 2.

In simming different builds for me today, KiR supposedly does about 4.5K dps more than the one I use on Patchwerk sim, but involves adding another ability to my rotation and is a dps loss on other (nonPatchwerk simulations), so I’m just thinking about whether it’s worth me practicing it for heroic raid. Time-wise, I’ll probably just focus on getting more aspects and testing the HO build more on a dummy, as I hit 70 mid-season with rogue and have been doing some gear catch up since then.

Appreciate the insight, thank you again.