Raid Adjustments Discussion

If Thaladred is on one of the tanks tanking Sanguinar or Telonicus, melee cannot safely hit the bosses. Are you braindead?

They can hit the boss just fine, or they can just wait for fixate to change.

Regardless of when you blow lust he’s going to occasionally target inconvenient targets. if the raid is incapable of adapting, attempt after attempt after attempt they should just disband.

We’ve had to have the lock tank move, and had a double fixate on our druid tank - our other tank had to take over tanking both. We’ve had to move both advisors, but lust or no it thaladred doesn’t take long to kill, and just drill into your brain to stop kiting thaladred towards the north of the room like a bunch of idiots

Which is why you want Thaladred to die ASAP and why lust is better used to kill him faster than to optimize dps on capernian. Bad RNG like that will kill raid dps more than anything else.

1 Like

and I’m saying most guilds have the good sense to use it more optimally once he’s down.

Most guilds don’t do that lmao stop talking like you’re some authority

2 Likes

Dude got his first kill in November and he’s acting like an expert on TK

1 Like

There’s no benefit to save lust. There is arguably a better benefit to raid dps to kill him ASAP as we’ve previously stated and also removes the only thing that can wipe you in P3 sooner. If there was even a slight dps advantage to saving lust for capernian, the dps check isn’t so tight to make that worth it for guilds who haven’t killed KT before.

It is in my experience, but if your raid is filled with idiots by all means lust one advisor.

My idiot-filled raid killed KT weeks before yours, I guess.

Capernian being up when KT comes out has never been remotely an issue for us, but we actually press our buttons competently /shrug

1 Like

Melee gets lust for Sanguinar, range gets lust for Thaladred. It’s pretty straightforward. You don’t need lust for capernian. she doesn’t do anything in P3 because of the mace buff.

Yeah like I don’t read discords and look at what other guilds do.

Some guilds want to blow it on one advisor because their guild isn’t reliable, others hold it because saving it is better for dps.

So if you want to say blow lust on thaladred because your guild is filled with too many idiots - by all means.

But if it’s for strictly dps reasons - no blow it after he goes down

What is your guild filled with if it took them 7 weeks to kill KT with the smart people’s strat?

The condescension from someone who took 2 months to finish the raids is kind of blowing my mind.

4 Likes

It’s not even a guarantee that saving lust for Capernian is better for dps. Thaladred running around the room lowers dps uptime for range which offsets the benefit of lust on Capernian. You can think your strat is better for “skilled players” but that strat is dumb.

1 Like

We skipped him to work on Vashj, we got him after 13 wipes spread out over 2 weeks. Vashj was our raid block and we skipped TK for weeks to focus on it.

Nobody cares. Condescend less. It’s not a good look.

I mean just go into a class discord, the number of supporters going “blowing lust on thaladred is best for dps” is pretty small.

Or,here me out. You just go back to TK instead of going to SSC in the first place.

1 Like

Just checked mage discord. Most are suggesting blow cooldowns for Thaladred and teach raid to kite. I’d rather kill the most dangerous mob first and use my CD’s than to possibly increase me dps later in the phase that’s trivial.

It’s not always about parsing. And the raid can get good uptime on him initially becuase he moves pretty slow. So for most of that lust, most players are going to nuke him pretty good for most of the lust outside of the gaze targets. But if he starts moving toward the tanks, then dps starts to plummet and that is more likely to happen the longer he stays alive.

DPS isn’t the issue, it’s inefficient dps on Thaladred that is the issue. Guilds have to master Thaladred dps uptime and then they will kill Kael’thas.

There’s more cooldowns than lust. By all means blow the 2min CDs you have

I’m just struggling with the blowing lust on an advisor with heavy movement is a better dps increase than just…kiting the boss

I only get one Arcane Power/Icy Veins in P3 and I’m going to use it with bloodlust.

You use lust on Thaladred to end the movement phase earlier. Yes it’s slightly inefficient, but as stated previously at the start if you position correctly, you have a lot of the lust to stand and nuke if you aren’t the gaze target. But the longer the phase goes on, the more likely he’s going to chain target far away targets.

In that case you’re better off using lust on Thaladred. If you have good RNG and Thaladred stays on range targets, then maybe it’s higher raid dps to lust for Capernian.

But the point is to remove the possibility of bad RNG by killing Thaladred ASAP with personal Cooldowns and lust so everyone can just stand and nuke for the rest of the phase. I just don’t see why you would ever do it any other way.

Mastering Thaladred is the key to success on Kael’thas not raid dps.