Raid Adjustments Discussion

Or… OR, and hear me out… Don’t.

2 Likes

That’s like, how the game works until we have difficulty options. If you can’t clear the one difficulty, you… don’t clear.

It was trash, not even worthy of being called a raid tier.

3 Likes

Then we should be able to have world buffs.

No changes would mean there wouldn’t be boosts or mega servers and there would be in game GM’s. TK and SSC would have been released at launch. Dozens of quests would work (i.e. Fiora Longears is still MIA) castsequence macros would work, arena wouldn’t have been scuffed, growl would be a taunt instead of a weak threat that can’t hold aggro for more than 3 seconds, opening a ticket wouldn’t be a convoluted mess…

Most importantly, developers would be IN THIS FORUM communicating regularly.

I’m all for no changes if no changes really means no changes.

1 Like

LOL imagine asking for nochanges at THIS point. Yikes.

I wonder if anyone has an accurate count of the number of changes made so far.

1 Like

Not only that, my guild also did the 2nd Herald of the Titans in the US back then.

Please Blizzard, ban all these bad players that cry for nerf. I cant handle them anymore. Everytime I play i have in my mind that maybe the guy close to me is one of these looser.

Thank you !!

Actually, you’re wrong.

We got the 2.4.3 version, which didn’t have world buffs (since patch 2.1.0).

Imagine when you get to Hyjal trash in like… 2 months when you can’t skip or make them come faster, even if you already killed all the wave.

1 Like

Right. They started with a later patch than original BC. So that’s a change, wouldn’t you agree?

That isn’t a change. That is how the game was in patch 2.4.3, and that is the game we got.

Really? Rolling out TBC on a different patch than original BC isn’t a change??? Are you serious with this argument?

Yeah, it rolled out differently. You know, different as in not the same. Kinda’ like they changed something.

This is what these guilds need to do. But too many of them have too much ego, or too much greed to do so. Some dont want to admit that their leadership and it’s lack of time management and accountability holding (since TBC rotations arent mechanically tough, nor are the boss mechanics difficult, it really isnt a skill issue, its a not caring to play right issue). Others dont want to give up their power, including a smaller, but not insignificant percentage that dont want to give up their loot councils where they can funnel their loot to themselves.

Thank you for taking up the torch of illuminating stupidity while I was busy!

1 Like

Then they need to do what smart guilds do, and bite the bullet and focus one until shes down. Thats what we had to do. Instead of going 8/10 then working on Vj/KT only after, you focus down one raid until you get it. Yea you may lose a small bit of loot for a week or two, they need to get over it, none of this is a gear check, and most of the good loot is on the end bosses anyway.

That should literally never be an issue unless your doing mechanics wrong.

#nochanges

#nochanges

1 Like

That’s all fine and good to say, but trying to die on that hill at this point is silly. There’s already been so many changes to BC that it’s nearly impossible to list them all. Not wanting trash or encounters nerfed is fine and I’m sure you have your reasons. But saying #nochanges is why doesn’t even make any sense.

Nerf them at the start of P3… not mid-way through P2…

2 Likes

We can clear both raids in under three hours and we don’t do skips or do anything crazy to try to speed clear. Guilds 8/10 should be clearing all their farm content in one night nad have a second night for progression attempts.

Thank you for seeking community input. I am part of an 8/10 guild. I do not think the content should be nerfed. Not only would this drastically reduce the sense of accomplishment after we finally get these bosses down, but I don’t think the difficulty of the content will prevent the current 8/10 from going 10/10. If the developers feel a change would be more beneficial, I suggest eliminating mob respawns. This might be enough to help 8/10 guilds get more time on bosses with a limited raid schedule.

The biggest issue we face is getting attempts in on these bosses. My assumption is that many of 8/10 guilds face the same problem, not enough weekly raid time to have gotten enough attempts in to really learn the mechanics. Our guild raids twice a week for 3 hours and has had more than 25 raiders, which has required a rotation for playing. I like to think we are pretty decent players, but I don’t doubt that 10/10 guilds have both a higher level of play and dedicate more time to playing. Eliminating re spawns in the raid might give us enough extra time to get a couple extra attempts in each week. Using my experience as an example, we have not yet gotten into Lady Vashj. On nights we raid SSC, we can go 5/6 (sometimes 4/6, still cleaning up our tidewalker attempts). With an hour or less left at that point, we could go back to TK and go straight to KT for a couple attempts. This would help us get to the point where we could solo clear TK in one raid night.

All this said, I think nerfing the difficulty of the encounters is not the route to take. If the concern is access to phase 3 content, consider changing the attunement process. I miss the pre-nerfed kara. If the concern is lack of gear from the final two bosses going to players (which affect some classes more heavily), consider increasing the drop rate later in the phase for those of us lagging behind.

2 Likes

Instead of nerfing current content boost the drop rates on previous content. We have issues with people still running Kara, Gruul and Mag that don’t have their BiS weapons etc. becuase of lousy rng. T4 double tokens was all well and good but when your tanks don’t have shields, casters still fighting over magus blades and daggers and half the loot previously acquired on accounts that are playing New World and FFXIV it makes KT and Vash that much harder to progress while still fitting in the weekly kara, gruul, mag.
End result is a buff to performance instead of a nerf to bosses which I think everyone could be happy with, and no change require to current content/clear times.

1 Like

Don’t do guild runs for those. People should do pugs/gkdp for those on non-raid days. I ran gruul/mag every week in GDKP on my mage until I got what I needed. But that was outside the guild.