Raid Adjustments Discussion

Let’s leave it alone till new content then nerf old content. Current content is current. Once it is no longer current then no one cares. Thanks.

7 Likes

I think the vashj MC nerf would be absolutely fine to do and also I think a nerf to the tidewalker murlocs is also fine. Maybe not as severe a nerf to their hp but enough that guilds aren’t scrambling to find enough AoE if a couple mages/locks are out(not everyone has a deep roster of mages/locks). Currently Tidewalker is just a roster/attendance check.

I don’t feel like a KT nerf is necessary but speeding up P1 is always welcome :smile:

1 Like

Like pretty much everyone else here, my opinion would be please don’t nerf the content until like two to three weeks before P3 comes out. That will allow the lower tiered guilds access to BT attunement and a couple of shots at the final boss gear and keep them subscribed.

1 Like

Nerfing the trash, although im not against, even though were 10/10, would reduce your vortexes/patterns unless they adjusted that as well.

As for nerfing MC on Vashj, its such an easy mechanic to deal with, I really dont get the complaining. Your offtanks should be taunting and calling their taunts, your interrupts should be interrupt the MC cast, and your dispels should dispel any hots on vashj. Not that I want it nerfed, but roots+poison is the true cancer mechanic on Vashj. Morogrim doesn’t need a nerf.

1 Like

Speed up the phase 3 timeline if anything and keep everything the same even the trash until launch hits. If only there were dislike buttons.

2 Likes

I think you ultimately want to help guilds get more opportunities to fight these end bosses, and the medium core dad guilds (like mine) ultimately run out of time, not skill or enthusiasm for killing the bosses. Nerf the trash, even nerf the 8/10 bosses, but leave Kael and Vashj as they are until the next phase, they’re fun encounters and a lot of people want to see them fall in their hardest forms, we just don’t raid enough hours to make meaningful progression on the end bosses when it takes so long to get to them.

3 Likes

This problem is already solved in WOTLK and retail. Simply add heroic and normal modes on a boss-by-boss basis.

If you nerf it for everyone, you ruin competitive speed running.

if you don’t nerf it, you bleed a lot of the casual player base.

Just offer both versions. Let 8/10 guilds start killing the “normal” nerfed version. Let 10/10 guilds keep killing the current version. Maybe offer extra loot for “heroic” or less loot for “normal”.

1 Like

Thank you for the update, and no I wouldn’t expect another day-before announcement like last week’s fiasco again…

I do think that given time, some of the nerfs should happen with the Tier 5 boss - and the time is when we have a solid date on Phase 3/BT/Hyjal, anytime before that is doing a disservice to the guilds who are still working on progression which will come with more and more gear along with refining tactic and individual play.

On my server for example, 1 guild got the pre-nerf 10/10 kill that would’ve been denied to them if the nerfs had gone through last week, along with 6 other guilds that knocked down either KT or LV for the first time this week. I’m sure they’ll continue pushing hard now knowing that possible nerfs are on the horizon to get to 10/10 before being date stamped with a post-nerf kill.

1 Like

Easy HEROIC MODE = stays the same. End bosses drop one extra item.

Regular mode = NO attunements and you can nerf the bosses.

Cone on Man not that hard. Everybody gets what they want.

2 Likes

And since you posted for the first time in a few weeks. Release Hyjal 1-2 weeks before BT. SO we dont have to do BT short handed if somebody has to miss later in the week.

just fix vashj’s mind control. tidewalker and kt are fine, but theres nothing more frustrating than a mechanic you can do very little about.

1 Like

I’m all for the nerfs, already 10/10, wouldn’t mind a faster clear while we farm gear for Phase3

1 Like

Attunements for the 8/10 guilds, who don’t necessarily have enough raid time to go do vashj/KT and then do BT/Hyjal… AND who don’t have particularly consistent rosters because they’re casual.

I know some people are going to say: if you’re that casual, you shouldn’t get to see that content, but that has never been Blizzard’s stance. Nerfing the content a few weeks in advance to prevent guilds from being blocked by attunements makes sense.

4 Likes

just be cognizant that dropping content without a decent prior timeline of nerfs is going to accelerate players to quit when they realize they cannot do the new content.

basically a delay of nerfs should also be a delay of new content if the intention is to retain those 8/10 guilds.

1 Like

Wait until Phase 3. It would demoralize a lot of guilds that have been pushing for 10/10 pre-nerf, especially those that were forced to transfer to high population servers because they couldn’t recruit on the dead low-population servers.

People crying for trash nerfs are usually in guilds with people that:
Afk on trash
Don’t use cooldowns effectively on trash
Don’t use cooldowns at all
Kill mind controls on trash
Doesn’t do the singular trash mechanic

The trash isn’t hard, what makes it hard is when people are too lazy to actually put forth the effort to kill effectively and efficiently. Don’t cater to lazy players

3 Likes

It seems that Blizzard is looking to walk a very fine line between ensuring players not quitting out of frustration due to lack of progress before phase 3 hits and players not quitting due to perceived mismanagement of the game (eg. why are you nerfing ez game).

I would echo the opinion that nerfing trash is probably the best way to achieve this goal.

However, instead of outright removing trash packs, reduce their overall health by a certain percentage (maybe 10-20% or so) to increase the amount of time guilds can spend on boss progression.

This way struggling guilds can benefit from more time progressing on boss encounters and still have the same amount of opportunity for patterns/vortex.

3 Likes

Nerf Vashj (just make it so MC’s can be CC’d), and nerf some trash HP. Those are the two things almost everyone agrees on. Save the rest for phase change.

4 Likes

Ignore the people asking for trash nerfs they just don’t know how to raid efficiently

4 Likes

Instead of nerfing the bosses is removing some of the trash being discussed which will help people get more attempts in on the actual bosses?

1 Like