Ragnaros dead

You are wrong on everything. Item drop in this vanilla is insane. Greens everywhere. Quest are easy to complete because they kept the instance so there is no overlapping, fire resist was a requirement to kill Ragnaros becuase no matter what the Fire Elementals would wipe you on contact and on and on and on.

Vanilla was about completing the proper requirements to clean MC it was not about fight difficulty. Do not confuse those. Fights may have been easier but the requirements to get there were insane. You could not go straight to a kill without working your butt to complete those requirements. This vanilla is just a joke to satisfy instant gratification.

I don’t think vanilla was difficult per say, I think it was just a whole bunch of nobody knowing wtf they were doing. Everyone was an idiot noob

1 Like

People that said it was flexible to kill a boss where not there during vanilla. There were requirements to complete before killing bosses end of story. Flexibility was in questing and pace, but not to kill bosses.

How is grinding X days (weeks) to fulfill the “requirement” fun?

Vanilla was difficult because of the requirements needed to kill a boss. Not the difficulty of the fights. Completing those requirements took weeks and months for guilds to complete. This vanilla is a joke. Instant gratification, lacking the hard work to get there.

1 Like

It is not about being fun. It is about working to get there and ONLY those that are willing to work were able to complete the task. Today everyone wants everything easy no work require. When you worked for something in vanilla and finally accomplished the task you felt that you had done something worth doing and you truly felt proud of being part of something big. Watch vanilla videos and people go Crazy when they killed ragnaros. Again not becauase of the difficulty of the fight but becauase the amount of work that it required every guild to get there.

1 Like

Vanilla was a grind fest plain and simple

People already complain about the grinds in bfa, which are easy. If they had to complete true vanilla grinds, classic would die pretty quick.

Blizzard knows their players want instant satisfaction, and won’t stick around for insane grinds that take months… so they gave them WoW Classic

Vanilla was about work and more work. It was about feeling that you work hard to get there and that you stuck to a goal until the end. It was not about instant gratification. When you killed a boss you felt that all your hard work was worth it and you knew not everyone was willing to work hard for something. You saw people with specific items and you understood the amount of work require to get that. This is not vanilla, nor classic. This is a joke full of instant gratification, no different than the wow today. Give it for free and do not require people to work hard. Useless.

APES make Method look completely pathetic

1 Like

What people complain about and what people quit over are two different things. People complained about the Vanilla leveling grind, but somehow Classic is maintaining queues anyway.

you miss the most important point. most of them were not even level 60. you guys always say that classic was about leveling, well they didn’t even finish that LOL

APES have been training for this for years and they didn’t even know it, congrats to them I don’t understand the salt from everyone. Private server players are better it’s just a fact.

It’s weird watching people memoryhole the fact that you could clear MC with basically half the raid on autofollow. You could always do this. I remember people making jokes about it.

The guild that killed the mythic fight have also been hardcore progressing in Vanilla too! Currently they are getting past the boss of getting ganked in world pvp at level 50. So they are wiping a lot more than 359 times.

Good for them!

With that said, I would bet my left nut that they account shared…either way doesn’t matter. The real world first happened 15 years ago, that doesn’t diminish what they did though /props. :+1:

Some of us knew this was going to happen because of patch 1.12…they’ll face roll BWL/AQ40 and it will only be hard when Naxx patch comes and even then they’ll breeze through it.

There were posters here that knew all of this was going to happen, we had many threads about buffing the raids when we found out they were going to go the static patch route(mistake IMO). Its too bad Blizz didn’t listen more to the community, they chose the path of least resistance and this is what we have…:man_shrugging: They could’ve buffed the raids or they could’ve had patch progression, they chose neither.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Instead we kinda got a watered down Classic so to speak(and AV), we didn’t get 10 man Scholo or Strat and that was the progression path before 1.12…they literally cut out content in the name of convenience and it kinda sucks.

My whole thing is why half-!@# something like this? You all know why, cause upper management didn’t believe in the project and its shows…they just wanted people to shut up about Classic servers so they finally deiced to throw the community a half-bitten bone.

1 Like

If you thought it would be just like 2004 wow you were delusional.

We have 15 years of accumulated knowledge, how to min max, what to take advantage of.

It never crossed my mind to abuse consumables that were available back in the day.

It never crossed my mind that there was a 83 fire resistance buff 2 zones away.

I was ignorant to think that my ret paladin could roll into MC and heal "just fine"in his “healing set”.

I had no idea that there was a 16 debuff limit, and proper use of debuffs was insanely important.

Plus whatever else I am forgetting.

Add all that up, and “ez game”

and the kicker

95% of the player base is happy with the server the way it is, and will play on and enjoy it for many months, regardless of “what is broken and or not purely classic and or easy”.

From Rags to riches… Planet of the Apes… Seriously the only reason that was allowed to happen was because pvp did not happen which is the biggest selling point of classic…for me at least.

Clearly the problem here is those filthy streamers. Can’t we go back to real vanilla where streamers didn’t exist to ruin the experience for everyone??

You’re all stupid for arguing so pointlessly. Classic is obvioisly harder in some ways while BFA is harder in others. Just play whichever you prefer and stop shaming others for what they enjoy. You people are worse than those who make kids feel bad for playing minecraft.

Agreed. When world firsts werent marketed as esports and were accomplished by people in their basements, proudly. Goodtimes

1 Like