Ragnaros dead

I mean…did you watch the VoD? The warlock whose perspective was shown was doing: Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Lifetap, Shadow Bolt, Lifetap, Shadow Bolt etc etc etc. Can you describe where the “skill” comes in?

4 Likes

Thats why naxxramas was returned for WOTLK, and people failed at doing half of the mechanics they kept, right?

Naxxramas was notoriously easy for the first raid in that expansion.

Pretty sure their justification for porting that raid over to WotLK (besides the obvious thematic connection) was that not many people actually got the chance to clear it when it was current content in Vanilla. It was both expensive to even get attuned (if you weren’t exalted with the Argent Dawn) and the expectation at the time was that you were supposed to gear up for the current raid by clearing the previous raids. Which was a tall order for guilds who didn’t already have them on farm.

You can argue that Wrath Naxx was numerically undertuned (which wouldn’t surprise me if it was), but I think it would be disingenuous to ignore the fact that by the time it rolled around again, raiders had already become accustomed to more complex and unforgiving mechanics than they would have been when it was first released in 2006. Hell, just compare the Patchwerk-esque fight that was Gurtogg Bloodboil in Black Temple to the literal Patchwerk…

Seriously who cares. All this proves is they are unemployed and have too much time on their hands.

1 Like

I’m willing to bet they kill KT day one of Naxx release.

1 Like

I don’t know which thread it was, but I defended week one. So I win the bet.

1 Like

No, it definitely was. Bosses hit slightly harder and the average dps to health ratio was higher. That and more player mechanics.

1 Like

I think it would of lasted until week two. I was not surprised that it was cleared with sub-60s and in greens, (people 20-manned it back in vanilla, and it’s the first raid, it’s supposed to be cleared in blue and green gear) what really surprised me was obtaining the rep required to do it so quickly, which is something that had obviously been tested on their server, otherwise it would of been a huge gamble to send mages out to AoE farm in Silithus for rep, not knowing it they could make it in time.

it’s never going to be an accurate representation of vanilla because it isn’t 2004 anymore

Who cares if Ragnaros and Onyxia have been killed? Is your fun really tied to how quickly and easily the world first guilds are clearing content?

Personally speaking, I find everything in Classic to be more fun than retail. None of my enjoyment has anything to do with how long it takes a guild to clear the content.

Why are Classic players so upset? I thought it was all about the journey anyway.

Who really thought Method was taking this over a private server guild? Not me. I was certain a private server guild would do it. And I’m having an absolute blast.

Scratching my head why people who think the classic folks somehow got a loss out of this.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any that are, but going by your hostility in several posts now, it seems like projection.

1 Like

It’s cause us classic folks know that APES killed a nerfed MC. Classic is on patch 1.12, MC was released on patch 1.1 (1.12 was 2 years after patch 1.1 and was a few months from TBC expansion).

It’s like retail/BFA fanboys can’t even figure out patch dates/releases to the game they play.

1 Like

So did they all play gnomes and dwarves just to troll or was there some other reason?

They’re going to be getting Grand Marshal on most of their characters when phase 2 launches, which requires utterly insane amounts of pvp grinding, and Gnomes are substantially better than other alliance races in pvp because of their Escape Artist racial. The classes which couldn’t be gnomes (Priest and Paladin) are much better as Dwarves, and the one Druid in the raid of course had to be a Night Elf.

Also it looks hilarious.

I think it would be funny if Blizzard congratulated them and mentioned if they had lots of practice :wink::wink:.

First of all, a LARGE amount of players did not get immortal/undying. Naxxramas was wiped in by many many guilds and only guilds clearing BT+ actually did naxx smoothly. It wasn’t until Ulduar that naxx pugs even formed on most high pop realms, I know 99% don’t know this, but heigans dance wasn’t his only mechanic. He teleported you to loathebs hallway.

Gratz Apes!
I think no one doubt that old raids much easier then modern one, back in days there just weren’t many progamers in wow. And from esport perspective of course retail will be a winner. But classic is about community and process, and from this point it’s incomparably better

The only world first that matters is world first 60 via only killing boars.

2 Likes