Rage of the Firelands PTR Opening September 5

On Thursday, September 5, we’ll open the Cataclysm Classic PTR for testing of patch 4.4.1 – Rage of the Firelands.

This patch includes the Elemental Bonds questline, the legendary staff Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest, and a few minor guild updates.

We’re also planning some increased challenge difficulty options and rewards for dungeons, and we look forward to sharing more about that soon.

When the PTR first opens, the focus of our testing will be on the new daily quest hubs.

• Players will help Malfurion and the Guardians of Hyjal secure The Regrowth in Mount Hyjal, then create a portal to Molten Front to attack Ragnaros’ forces in their home realm.
    • This questline requires gathering Marks of the World Tree to unlock new quest hubs. To streamline testing, we’re including a new PTR-specific vendor, Molten Frontaur, who will sell Commendations of the World Tree to help you get stocked up on Marks and progress through the content at a much quicker pace than will be possible in the final release.

Similar to previous patch PTRs, we’re planning on two raid test weekends. We’ll let you know when we’re ready to schedule the first of those.

We’ll see you there. Thank you very much!

5 Likes

Why?

10 characters

7 Likes

great, but how about some bug fixes?

8 Likes

Any chance PTR will be extended past the weekends for weekday guilds?

The classic team needs some new material. This joke has been overused. Try something different for once eh?

5 Likes

Why not? Literally no reason to do them

1 Like

You seem really smart, what should they do?

Can you have the dev team fix Twin Peaks Mountaineer, it’s been broken for 3 months so far.

5 Likes

Can Loot-a-rang be fixed yet?

2 Likes

Any chance we get access to the Avengers of Hyjal Heroic 391 trinkets (Ancient Petrified Seed, Rune of Zeth, etc.)? They were never added into the game, I feel with the faster cadence it’d be a welcomed addition.

1 Like

lol, LMAO even.

5 Likes

Now this I look forward to. The alpha/beta/gamma dungeons were cool in Wrath. Looking forward to the Cata spin on it!

5 Likes

Worst thing ever added to the game more catch up mechanics for retail andys we dont need or want

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. There was an argument to be made for it in Wrath when heroics were undertuned. That’s far from the case in Cata, and the gear catchup mechanics are already solid. No need to nuke early endgame progression from orbit like they did with Wrath Classic.

1 Like

about time!

1 Like

gatekeeping weirdo, you are what is wrong with the classic community

3 Likes

Titan runes could have been cool, but they waited whole phases to fix glaring issues like being stunned in glaciate or web wraps dropping threat. Hopefully they put more effort into testing Cata versions, but I doubt it.

2 Likes

Agreed! I don’t know why some people are being so negative in this thread. Seems like a fun addition to me.

2 Likes

To my understanding that the goal is to have catchup in dungeons like H+ (beta, gamma, etc.) can older raids also get increased rewards (more drops) like it was done in Naxxramas for wotlk classic? Moreover if there is a currency obtainable from dungeons it would be great to also have it coming from raids for people that prefer raiding over spamming dungeons.

2 Likes

Yeah… and then what? are you going to fix the bugs? are you going to actually make changes? are you going to actually do something with the terrible state of t12 elemental shaman set bonuses because the server core of classic was already post nerf or the fire elemental still doing whatever the hell it wants?

This isnt any news by all means. What people want to know more is if you’re actually investing time and resources on THIS VERSION like you did from the moment SoD launched.

6 Likes