Rag stance dance/intercept MACRO : need help

yes and botting/automation is a macro running a sequence of difrent actions

Go ahead and actually read about macros before you comment again.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong…wrong wrong wrong wrong…you’re wrong…you’re wronggggggggggg.

Botting is done via a third party program. It’s not done through macros through the WoW interface. You cannot be successfully accused and punished for any macro script you write in WoW unless it exploits some sort of coding. To that extent writing combat macros that run multille abilities is not exploiting any coding. It’s how they are designed to work.

Any further discussion about this is pointless and either you’re painfully obtuse or trolling.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

I would try to memorize your stance changing keys, but utilize stance changing macros in combination with frequently used abilities that require a stance change. For example:

#showtooltip [nocombat] Charge; Intercept
/startattack [harm]
/cast [nostance:1,nocombat] Battle Stance; [nostance:3,combat] Berserker Stance
/cast [nocombat] Charge; Intercept

Battle stance if out of combat and not in battle stance yet. Berserker stance if in combat and not in berserker stance. Charge while out of combat and in battle stance. If charge cannot be done, intercept.

Yup, I posted this same thing like four comments above lol

Incorrect. Creating macros that do multiple things is common and for some classes needed.
For Druids it is needed in order to play well. Druids create macros to deal with form restrictions. They cannot use potions while shape shifted. So, for example, on my druid I have a macro that will take me out of Bear Form then use a Healing Potion then put me back in Bear Form, all in 1 button press and 1 GCD.
This is completely allowed by blizzard.

As always, it is an absolute pleasure to spy you on these forums, my weirdly pink skinned brother.

@OP
Here’s a streamlined version I use for 1 button shenanigans:

#showtooltip [nocombat] Charge;[combat] Intercept
/dismount
/cast [nocombat,stance:2/3] Battle Stance; [nocombat,stance:1]Charge
/cast [combat,stance:1/2] Berserker Stance; [combat,stance:3]Intercept
/startattack

The above does the following:
Line 1 - Display Charge or Intercept tooltip, depending on your combat state.
Line 2 - Dismounts you so you can charge off your mount
Line 3 - If not in Combat, and not in Battle Stance, switch to Battle Stance, and Charge
Line 4 - If in Combat, and not in Beserker Stance, switch to Berserker Stance, and Intercept
Line 5 - Toggle autoattack

For your purposes on Rag specifically, you can probably remove the /dismount line, and simply append the following before the /startattack line for this final product:

/cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance; Taunt

#showtooltip [nocombat] Charge;[combat] Intercept
/cast [nocombat,stance:2/3] Battle Stance; [nocombat,stance:1]Charge
/cast [combat,stance:1/2] Berserker Stance; [combat,stance:3]Intercept
/cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance; Taunt
/startattack

Depending on your latency, you may wish to add a /castsequence reset=[Insert Number Here]
parameter so you’re not blowing globals for no reason if you over press.

2 Likes

I have been a huge fan of /equipslot 16&17 mixed with a stance change. I could eventually swap several gear pieces but the weapons and shields are adequate.

I also have a fancy mouse so dance stancing is pretty easy but with the key 12 hotbar updating with each stance you are pretty good to go. I didn’t think I’d like warrior but it’s been pretty fun and changing stances has been key to survival.

Doesn’t this macro require a double tap to commit to a charge?

Having /use or /cast is basically like starting an if-else statement in programming. The macro you provided at line 3 says “If not in combat and not in Battle Stance, switch to Battle Stance. Else, use Charge.” instead of “If not in combat and not in Battle Stance, switch to Battle Stance and use Charge.”

I noticed an error in my own macro that I’m fixing right now. Apparently the transition between stances is considered as some kind of limbo. The fix I’ve got makes it so that only 1 key press is needed.

It requires a double tap if you’re not already in Battle Stance yes, otherwise the If/Else check goes straight to the Charge portion with just one press.

Ditto for Berserker->Intercept based on your combat state.

The only issue I’ve found with it, is if I’m occasionally spamming the button (like when engaging a duel where you need to get that opener in the split second before you get placed in combat), you can accidently blow both charge and intercept seemingly in the same GCD, because like you said, that transition appears to be in a weird limbo state that exists outside the GCD restriction.

I’m by no means an expert at macro syntax, so I’d love to see your take on this for the 1 button press. I’m still experimenting and testing stuff as I go.

I changed the macro of my last post into:

#showtooltip [nocombat] Charge; Intercept
/startattack [harm]
/cast [nostance:1,nocombat] Battle Stance; [nostance:3,combat] Berserker Stance
/cast [nocombat] Charge; Intercept

It basically says “If not in Battle Stance and not in combat, switch to Battle Stance. Else if not in Berserker Stance and in combat, switch to Berserker.” on line 3. Then on line 4 it says “If in combat, Charge. Else, Intercept.”

I feel like I’ve played with both orientations (stance and skill conditionals on same line, vs stances on one, and skill on other) with no noticeable difference in keystrokes, but I’ll see how this plays when I get home.

Have you run into the issue I described earlier where multiple presses burns Intercept mid Charge?

Curious as to whether a /castsequence reset would be the answer to that.

I couldn’t get a simple stance condition to work, but I could get combat condition to work. Thanks for the help I’ll try them tonight.

There are two ways to execute a stance conditional.

[stance:X/Y] tells the macro to execute a skill when any of those stances are active.

[nostance:Z] tells the macro to execute a skill when that specific stance is not active.

You know, this could actually be a problem if you press the key multiple times. Charge doesn’t share global cooldown with anything. It shouldn’t have this issue if you just press the key one time, but pressing it several times could create an issue.

you dont need a macro to do that
just be quick about it

1 Like

this is TERRIBLE advice don’t take it. horribly horribly inefficient. These macros are absolutely NOT useless ESPECIALLY in pvp or if you REALLY need to get somewhere quick, and the extra 1-2 seconds it takes to press ur keys makes a difference.

In regards to the macro: what you are asking for is impossible with how macros work in Classic. It could work in Vanilla, because the macro’s code was alot more flexible.

I think in Wrath blizzard changed it.

however, i do have a one button macro that will:
if not in combat and not in arms stance: switch to arms stance on first push, and charge on second push.
If not in combat and in battle stance: charge

if in combat and not in fury stance: first button push switches to fury stance, second button push casts intercept.
if in combat and in fury stance: casts intercept.
here is the macro:

Another REALLY good thing about this macro, is you can put it in your battle stance AND your fury stance action bar and it will always use the appropriate ability when you need it. basically, assuming you have rage, 2 button pushes and u will guaranteed get your distance closer, be it charge or intercept. no matter what stance you are in. With this macro, they are virtually interchangeable.

Just be sure not to pool rage and use this macro, or u will lose it when stance dancing.

/cast [nocombat,nostance:1] Battle Stance; [nocombat,stance:1] Charge; [combat,nostance:3] Berserker Stance; [combat,stance:3] Intercept

#showtooltip Intercept
/cast [mod:shift,nostance:2] Defensive Stance; [nostance:3] Beserker Stance; [stance:3] Intercept

Probably the easiest I can think of off the top of my head. Using the shift modifier will swap to defensive stance if not in defensive stance already.
Pressing the button on it’s own will swap you to beserker if not currently in it. Using it whilst in berseker will intercept instead.
Simply press it twice to intercept. Then press with shift to swap back.

No button will allow you to simply press it and do all three actions, especially with one button press.
The game registers what stance you are in when a button is pressed so it is impossible to make a single press both swap stances and then use the ability, the game will think you are in the wrong stance for the ability use.

The best you can do to press a single button without modifiers is to run a cast sequence instead. Although personally I find them flawed due to the conditions of reset. They don’t allow for flexibilty of use.