Rag stance dance/intercept MACRO : need help

I need help with a Rag stance dance/intercept macro please for Classic WoW please.

I want the macro to change to Berserking Stance, then intercept, then switch back to Defensive stance.

Just keep getting used to your key bindings and you’ll have it on muscle memory in no time.

Making macros like this is sort of pointless.

5 Likes

#showtooltip intercept
/cast berserker stance
/cast intercept
/cast defensive stance

1 Like

when one keystroke, does multiple actions with the aid of a macro… As a example, i press a key, my character then walks to nearest herbs, picks herbs, then proceeds to check for next herb, rince repeat… that is off course botting

but as far as i know a keystroke should only do one action, and or multiple of smae action, any extra action beyond the first and you might be considered to automate/bot

Just to be clear, I have to hit the button 3 times, correct? and thanks for the help.

If you have the rage for intercept you should only have to hit it once and you end in defensive stance.

Edit: (if im wrong, then yeah you might have to press it more)

Changing stances has a cooldown, so if you’re swapping to zerker then back to defensive, you’ll have to press it at least twice, if not 3 times, if Intercept doesn’t connect the same moment you activate zerker.

This is honestly just over complicating a very simple chain of hotkeys that warriors ought to be used to by 60. You’re creating extra buttons for yourself that are unnecessary.

3 Likes

new to WoW? There are many, many examples of multi-action macros that are perfectly normal, widely used, and 100% allowed… if you’re doing with the in-game macro UI how on earth could you be breaking any rules?

If you mash that macro you’ll keep flipping stances.

I would suggest finding what binds for stances works best with you.

One thing you could do is macro Defensive Stance to your Taunt macro (as you should be taunting rag after getting punted anyways).

Automation is against the ToS

Automation is. Some cast sequence macros are not automation.

No it’s not. Botting is against tos.

Macros and basic scripts in the macros are not against tos.

I always macro all warrior abilities that only work in one stance. I would not recommend macroing multiple abilities, as they will not be mashable. Try these, OP.

#showtooltip Intercept
/cast Berserker Stance
/cast Intercept

#showtooltip Taunt
/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Taunt

When Rag punts you, just mash your Intercept macro til you see it/hear it go off. Then mash your Taunt macro, which you need to cast anyway.

These type of macros work great for things like Intercept, Taunt, Overpower, Charge, etc. good luck.

I agree with this. All my stance specific abilities are macros that stance swap with the logic that if I’m hitting the ability I want to be in that stance. Most of the time I am hitting specific abilities to dance rather than my binding for stances.

Trying to macro out a stance dance would require a castsequence setup. Not really worth it.

a cast sequence is stacking dfrent actions that is initiated with one keystroke… you might want to read up on multiboxing and automation… one keystroke can do one action or multiple of same action… the moment one keystoke does multiple type of difrent actions you have entered into the realm of automation…

if i press one keystroke and set my character up to do a loop of going from herb to nerb and pick them… that is a chain of difrent actions initiated with one keystroke…

Your example is ridiculous because no keystroke exists that makes you walk up to an herb or a node and mine it. What you’re talking about is straight up botting and quite frankly shows that you just have no idea what you’re talking about.

Macro scripts that do multiple different actions are 100% legit assuming the game lets the macro run the way you intend it to. So report away for anyone who uses a simple intercept stance dancing macro if you want, Blizzard will file it in the recycling bin and make your complaint the story of the day in the office.

you can macro, you can multibox, but you are not alowed to automate game features… to understand this you need to understand when and what crosses that line, a keystroke can do one action, or multiple of same action… the moment one keystroke does a chain of multiple difrent actions, you have entered into the realm of automation…

Botting/automation is a macros that run a chain sequence of difrent actions as far as i know, or how would you define them ?

You might want to read up on macros and wow. Blizzard put in the functionality and left in what was acceptable.

yes and botting/automation is a macro running a sequence of difrent actions

Go ahead and actually read about macros before you comment again.