RAF returning soon

New pet: Rikki (after 1 month game time)

The part about being able to (re)recruit an existing attached account that hasn’t been active for 2 years sounds great to me. I have old, unused accounts from RAF’ing myself previously, so hopefully I can just add time to those and be eligible for rewards.

Downside to this revamp is that the previous RAF rewards (4 battle pets) won’t be returning. Will they ever? IDK. If not, maybe this is a good opportunity to add them to the Bnet store for the normal battle pet price ($10 each).

3 Likes

If I were Blizz, I would add the old pets & mounts on top of the new stuff.

If you look at the new system, I see a pattern of: item/game time/item (and then repeating over a year), per month your friend pays for. They only show rewards for 12 months and say that this is all there is. But there is potential to extend this by an additional 13 months if you follow the same pattern of item/game time/item using the 9 old rewards.

Problem is, this might create the expectation within the playerbase that the rewards should continue indefinitely. And then to meet this expectation they would have to come up with more new stuff when people get to month 26 and further.

Something a bit slimy about RAF, if you haven’t bought it for yourself, you’re trying to suck some dear friend into keeping playing even if they not really crazy about the game. And now you have to keep them in for months and months.

If you’ve made an alternate identity for yourself, totally fair long as you can afford the subscription.

Necroing this thread because I don’t want to draw too much attention with a new topic.

With the black friday sales going on, can I recruit myself with two new account (one month each) with the cost of a month’s subscription fee? If the RAF is available with player who subscribed through the sales, that means we can get two account with one month subscription and Rikki for free, since you’re just paying for what you normally would.

Reward 1: Rikki.
Reward 2: One month subscription on the recruiter’s account.

Time to get that sweet monkey everyone.:grin: