Racials need more rebalancing to prevent Faction Bleed

I don’t even play human or dwarf priest, but I don’t want Blizzard to kill my faction (Alliance) with these choices.

Not saying they can’t give everyone +weapon skill and priest racials, but in doing so they admit that some racials defined player choice. There are LOTS of racials left that define player choice though, and removing a reason to choose human means that it will just shift to the next racials that would define player choice…and for a massive number of classes that next racial min/max choice is Horde and only Horde.

Given the ease of rerolling, SoD is going to become a monofaction game without balancing the way they are already changing racials - they need to keep balancing them beyond what they are already doing.

3 Likes

Also, Aggrend claiming that rep is still good for PvE is completely missing the point. If a skilled player can spend 5-10% more time grinding a new racial, they will, which is why they don’t roll human for diplomacy because it’s a casual racial. If only casuals play Alliance, it will kill the faction.

1 Like

They need to give paladins, and only paladins, bloodlust. That’ll balance it.

Racials are fine. They’re a big part of an rpg.

Stop treating WoW like it’s some super serious e-sport. Relax and chill out.

Agree.

Give human and dwarf races a 50% resistance to purge effects.

I just read that post where he said that, absolutely infuriating. Giving horde only decent alliance racials and then trying to gaslight me into thinking rep bonus matters at all.

3 Likes

Having two factions instead of one is a big part of this particular MMO RPG called World of Warcraft.

Right??? Humans were literally given not one but TWO weapon skill racials. Now everyone is getting two weapon skill racials. This is effectively a minus two racials on Human.

For example, if all races were given Hardiness and Bloodfury, I’d bet that suddenly orc shaman would become rather rare in comparison to Tauren and Troll.

eb stomp and wolf away for that tauren is bis for me

I don’t know what you’re saying in the OP. You seem to think this is a bad change, but you want them to ‘rebalance’ racials.

They’re fine. People taking a video game way too seriously is the issue, and there’s nothing Blizz can do about that. The solution is not to dilute the impact of racials and reduce the rpg elements of the game.

I lowkey think this should happen. I am also unsure how much of a difference they actually make. I think they help at the margins between two equally skilled players. I don’t think they actually help that much though. I honestly think they matter more from a perception of power rather than the actual benefit they provide.

So many of his comments are so out of touch and clueless.

Horde undead warlock logs on

“Yea racials don’t matter bro just play what you like not what’s best lol :smile:

I just play the race(s) I like…

Why do you all spend so much effort on ‘being the best’. It’s so utterly pointless in the grand scheme of things.

-Signed,
Dude who rolled a Human Priest because that’s his preferred race pick for any class

They should just make it so that each race can spec into an Active Racial Ability and a Passive Racial Ability that can be re-spec’d like talents then make how the active ability displays lore-friendly or flavorful depending on the race.

For example,

Active Racial Ability: AOE-Stun for 2 seconds for all enemies in a 8 yard radius - 2min CD
Then give each race a flavorful interpretation of what that ability looks like:

Tauren: War Stomp
Gnome: Stun Grenade - with a stun grenade animation
NE: Lunar Beam - with a Beam Animation
Dwarf: Blasting Powder - With an explosion animation
etc etc etc

This type of system would allow Blizzard to balance abilities more effectively and could potentially help the perception of one faction being just superior from a min-max perspective

more homogenization :roll_eyes:

Blizzard needs to either change things all the way or not at all. It could be good changes, but leaving half baked like this is bad.

…but they are diluting the impact of racials, mostly in favor of one faction. If they’re going to dilute them they need to either commit or forget about it and back off. Allowing humans to have +5 to swords and +5 to maces exclusively did not break the game, but giving this to everyone has a large chance to break the factions and once it does the options to fix it will be practically nonexistent.

As someone who has played a warlock on both sides to test this specifically, they do.

It’s not about me personally, I do play what I want, but it’s going to be hard to play SoD if I’m practically the only person left on my faction. If enough people reroll, even the casuals will start to reroll for ease of finding groups.

1 Like