Race/class distribution @end game

Do you remember what were the most & less used races/classes @lvl 60?

Could it be anything close to p.s. kronos' numbers? undead biggest horde race?
races: human, undead

classes:mage,warrior,rogue
11/09/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Alfredd

the most used races on horde, was actually orc and troll. and then undead.

mostly for their racials. trolls were the op hunter race, while orc was the op warrior/shaman race.

night elves were the most used race, next to humans.
11/09/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Moonblade
11/09/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Alfredd

mostly for their racials. trolls were the op hunter race, while orc was the op warrior/shaman race.

Looking at statistics of private servers, undead make up close to half the population on them (on pvp servers) so I wonder if it'll follow that trend in classic. Even though I think Orc racials are superior for every class in PvP
A lot of the people coming in will likely not be min-maxing and never have played on a private server.

Numbers on private servers can be very inaccurate at times, especially when it comes to melee DPS.

Take any information that you can gather (especially from a PS) w/ a grain of salt.
Least-played classes in vanilla were priests, warlocks, and druids in some order or other depending on which time frame within vanilla.

Dwarf and Tauren females were pretty rare...
11/09/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Vhok
races: human, undead

classes:mage,warrior,rogue

Pretty much this. Pservers will be a good indicator. The thing about a decade old game is that we know what is best. There is a reason certain races and classes are favored.
Most Used Races - Orc/Human/Nelf/Undead
Classes: Warrior (they were the only tank), rogue, hunter (maybe mage)

Least Used Races - Female Taurens, Female Dwarf
Least Use Classes - Druid, Warlock

Reasons? - Orc/human/nelf/undead looked cool, had good racials
Class Reasons? Warriors were the only tank(maybe pally) but that was ally only and rogues were pvp monsters, hunters were easy to level and mage had portals/food.

Last used reasons - they were ugly...thats about it
Least use class - Druids were fun to level, but you were forced to heal in the later content and were allowed feral for a month during naxx...Warlock's idk? PvP wise they were good, but not soo much open world? idk on that one.
11/09/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Jacon
11/09/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Moonblade

Looking at statistics of private servers, undead make up close to half the population on them (on pvp servers) so I wonder if it'll follow that trend in classic. Even though I think Orc racials are superior for every class in PvP

No will of the forsaken is much better than 25% stun resist.
I never played on a PS. I think they are an indicator at the vary least and one needs to look at 60. The only server I have found that shows classes by this level and factor is Elysium.

At 60 only:

Alliance:

Mage -20.6%
Warrior - 15.4%
Rogue - 14.4%
Hunter - 12.4%
Paladin - 12%
Priest - 9.7%
Warlock - 8.9%
Druid - 6.8%

Horde:

Mage - 21.6%
Warrior - 16.1%
Rogue - 15.5%
Hunter - 12.8%
Priest - 10.3%
Warlock - 9.8%
Shaman - 8.9%
Druid - 4.9%

While this is just a snapshot I think it is realistic for a pvp server. On pve where ganking isn't an issue I think Warlocks will blossom on both sides (even with the debuff limits). On RP servers the lore classes will have a higher % than typical like the druids, paladins and shamans.

Then again what do I know.
From what I recall. Everyone was. Night Elf Rogue on Alliance.

On Horde everyone was an Undead Rogue.

It wasn't called world of Roguecraft for no reason.
11/10/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Vik
I never played on a PS. I think they are an indicator at the vary least and one needs to look at 60. The only server I have found that shows classes by this level and factor is Elysium.

At 60 only:

Alliance:

Mage -20.6%
Warrior - 15.4%
Rogue - 14.4%
Hunter - 12.4%
Paladin - 12%
Priest - 9.7%
Warlock - 8.9%
Druid - 6.8%

Horde:

Mage - 21.6%
Warrior - 16.1%
Rogue - 15.5%
Hunter - 12.8%
Priest - 10.3%
Warlock - 9.8%
Shaman - 8.9%
Druid - 4.9%

While this is just a snapshot I think it is realistic for a pvp server. On pve where ganking isn't an issue I think Warlocks will blossom on both sides (even with the debuff limits). On RP servers the lore classes will have a higher % than typical like the druids, paladins and shamans.

Not realistic of retail at all. Rogues outnumbered every class by miles. They were broken through most patches of Vanilla.
11/10/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Jazhul
11/10/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Vik

At 60 only:

Alliance:

Mage -20.6%
Warrior - 15.4%
Rogue - 14.4%
Hunter - 12.4%
Paladin - 12%
Priest - 9.7%
Warlock - 8.9%
Druid - 6.8%

Horde:

Mage - 21.6%
Warrior - 16.1%
Rogue - 15.5%
Hunter - 12.8%
Priest - 10.3%
Warlock - 9.8%
Shaman - 8.9%
Druid - 4.9%

Not realistic of retail at all. Rogues outnumbered every class by miles. They were broken through most patches of Vanilla.

Understood but perspectives have changed since then. Each server will be different and especially by type of server. I see a lot of rogues on pvp but at 60, mages were just so easy of a play style for the average player like myself (never played either class beyond starting zone). But there is a trend by faction for the top 4 and bottom 4 and healers tend to be the bottom 4 for both.

Not everyone is pvp or raiding hardcore.