Quickest way to get pets up

Outside of the weekly event, what’s the fastest way to get pets to max?

Take a look at Xu-Fu’s power leveling guide and see if any of the methods fit for you. https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=Powerleveling

I’d say the absolute fastest way to level a battle pet to 25 is to use an Ultimate Battlestone. Requires 60 Polished Pet Charms each though. Might not be viable if you’re just starting out in Pet Battles and don’t have access to a large number of charms.

Other than that, battling repeatable trainers with a Safari Hat and pet treat buff. Even when the weekly even isn’t active, the trainers reward decent experience. Xu-Fu’s guide has a list of repeatable trainers.

My last pick would be battling wild pets. Find an area with high density and quick respawn time. I use my garrison a lot (the creepy crawly Halloween decorations), and Frostfire Ridge.

A couple notes on Xu-Fu’s to consider if “fastest” is the desire. Xu-Fu’s site doesn’t always prioritize fastest (EX: My Seeker Zushi strat got modified for smaller stable instead of speed on Xu-Fu’s…note that my strat probably isn’t good in prepatch/shadowlands anyways due to changes). That’s totally ok as each site an decide what they focus on, but on Xu-Fu’s there isn’t a “speed greater than all” option when searching for teams. Sometimes the teams on Xu-fu’s does overlap with “fastest” or even “fastest with best average success”, but you may need to play with some of the teams to eek out performance.

Also on the power levelling guide at Xufu’s: it doesn’t actually show the most time efficient routes for the Draenor and Pandaria trainers. It’s actually more time efficient to route between the two different zones:

Set Hearthstone to Vale of Eternal Blossoms city and have zidormi send you to the MoP version of Vale, not the n’zoth one)
Go to Cymre in Gorgrond
Start your buff food times if applicable
Cymre->Gargra->Tarr
Hearth to Vale
Aki->Nishi->Mo’ruk->Flowing->Shu->Yon->Burning->Zusshi
Hearth to Garrison using garrison stone
Ashlei->Vesharr->Taralune
Hearth back to Vale
Thundering->Whispering->Hyuna
(Optional)
Hearth/Teleport to some other easy to get to tamer and do it

Prior to prepatch that could all be done in just under 1 hour (food buff timers) with the right teams. Prepatch / Shadowlands might change that.

Prior to prepatch it also resulted in 3/4 a player level, 5-6 level 25 pets on non-petbattle weeks with full buffs, 8-9 level 25 pets on pet battle weeks with just safari hat.

With prepatch things will change. Xu-fu’s guide is correct though that Squirt and Repeatable trainers are the way to go (Both during battle pet week and not). I really like Robert Craig, but I haven’t tested it after prepatch changes. Either way, repeatable tamers are better than routing through pandaria or draenor if available, as Xufu’s guide suggests.

2 Likes

While it’s still a big help when it is pet week, ( you can get 1-25 wearing the safari helmet with 2 fights that week), the Family Familiar Legion trainers and the 4 that can show up in Dalaran in particular can be fought over and over for full xp each time. That works for both the pet and and alt characters that are in that leveling range. Xu-Fu has lots of carry pet teams strats for those. All that depending on how the new changes affected everything.