Quickest Way To Gear for 8.3 Raid

So came back after a break where my gear was 394. Raid team wants me to jump in when 8.3 raid comes out and tank. I am wondering what is the fastest way to get over 415? I a doing nazatar stuff but seems to take quite a while to get the tokens to trade in and upgrade gear. Is mythic plus the only way? I have a 4 week period I am off from work and need to get the score up in that time

Thanks in advance.

LFR gives 400
Normal 415
Heroic 430

Can always spam M+ as well. Tanks are so scarce that groups will take a low/under geared tank just so they have a tank.

I think a level 5 key will drop 415 gear. I ran a +5 last night on my 395 Prot Pally no issues.

Nazjatar weekly boss drops 415 gear with a decent drop rate

Great thank you for the help

Worry more about essences than gear. Make sure you have rank 3 in all of the essences you will want for next tier. For example, you will probably want to make sure you are revered with mechagon for the nullification thingy.

1 Like

^

That guy gets it. In BFA good gear rains from the sky with minimal effort. Acquiring good power essences is a billion times more time consuming.

1 Like

Definitely focus on essences over gear. But also the first six bosses of heroic Palace are very, very puggable.

1 Like

mythic plus probably to get an ilvl that lets you pug normal raids, save residuum for 445 gear and also level your neck is my guess

In addition to the above, if you get a +10 chest every week, you’ll get some titan residium. After a few weeks you’ll have enough to play the lottery at the vendor (in the transmog area). This can help you pad out your ilvl for azerite pieces.

In the four weeks you have, you should be able to get one piece and I think it goes to 445. This is in addition to the other stuff the chest gives you.

Oh also, not sure if anybody has mentioned it, but you can also pick up some gear if you do the heroic warfront. Group finder is your best bet for this, I think.