Quests Broken: Saving for Later & Awaken a God

Phasing appears to be broken for both of these quests. When entering the Atal’Gral area, you can see the highlighted quest area and item objectives on the mini map, but when actually enter the phased area, the mobs disappear/change and the item objectives disappear. Killing the new mobs also does not drop the Chunk of Naga Flesh. Dropping and retaking the quest, re-loading the UI and re-logging do not resolve the issue.

19 Likes

I just ran into this on my hunter. The same thing was happening on a WQ for my druid in the area a few days ago ( World Quest Scrolls &Scales.)

I started thinking it might be related to having the quest involving the Xal’atath blade & the altar in this area, so I completed the 1st step of the quest, but the area didn’t revert phases. I left the area, came back, but as soon as I enter the area the quest objectives/mobs phase away & change from Dreadcoil naga to Darktide. I tried logging out/in, same.

I will complete the entire quest chain for Xal’ataths blade & come back to see if it’s the quest chain bugging the phasing or something that came about from recent patches.

Update: So I completed the Xal’atath quest chain up to the point after you visit the Crucible & inform Talanji. Before accepting her 2 quests, I flew out to Atal’Gral & the phasing was correct. So I was able to complete the quests Saving For Later & Awaken a God.

Not 100% sure, but I think having that Xal’atath quest chain in my log was causing the phasing issue. It probably affects the WQ out there as well.

5 Likes

Thanks for checking that. I do have the Xal’atath quest in my queue, so I’ll test it out myself when I get the chance.

EDIT: Confirmed. Had to complete the Xal’atah chain before thee quests worked.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same problem. I do not have the Xal’atath quest chain. Any other thoughts. I’ve reported the bug twice.
Thanks

1 Like

I didn’t have the issue on my hunter, which was months back. I am now dealing with the bug on this toon. Just like Doc, I don’t have the Xal’athath quests.

Frustrating.

/moo

Yup, just tried to do this quest and it’s still phased glitch. Very annoying.

1 Like

No Xala quest, also phasing issues. LIKE BRUH

Hey everyone I hope this help but I got the glitch too so i just abandon the quest and re-log and did the chuck quest first completed it and then did the save for later quest.

Good luck

im 85 turtle rep away and these quests dont work… i just want my flying

1 Like

Blizzard Shame on you you know this is bugged and STILL HAVE NOT FIXXED IT i SPENT ALL THAT TIME WORKING ON YOUR STUPID UI RESET AND YOU KNEW THIS WAS A BUG!

3 Likes

Scrolling up seems to help. Phasing isn’t a bug, it’s just a thing that happens. Once you figure out what causes the phasing for that particular area, you can fix it yourself.

May 1 2020, STILL an issue. Really?

4 Likes

This quest chain is STILL BROKEN

Phasing IS NOT a bug.

This is still messed up. Even if you abandon Unintended Consequences, abandon the others and relog. It just keeps phasing out.

2 Likes

It IS a bug.

1 Like

As of Today i was getting the bug, Confirmed it is a “Quest blocking” but not sure which one. i deleted all quests in my log except battle pet quest and re logged. accepted the quests 1 at a time and completed them. i wish i new which quest it was.

3 Likes

I’m still having this problem

1 Like

Still happening :cry:

1 Like