Questions about TBC

who? theyve joined a server specifically because its no boosts. why start over at 1 if you want to be boosted to 58? just stay where ya are then … lol
uh yeah i am 60, but i wanna start at 1 on a no boost server so i can boost to 60. :joy:

There’s your failure in logic.

YOU joined a server specifically because its no boosts. Many will join just because it’s a fresh server.

but there will be new servers for that, and they will let ya buy the boost and transfer. you can transfer a level 58 char to a new server.

i mean i can see guildies helping each other level, or a passing stranger offering free run, but sounds like most on fresh will discourage paid runs because they dont want bots

Like I said, I think it’s adorable you think that will play out that way.

ugh… definitely should not be feeding those who are here to argue, or argue purely over semantics but I’ll try to be concise, and then avoid future reply.

Bots would follow, for sure. But the players who spent hundreds or thousands or more on gold are vested in their current servers and therefore are less likely to move. (IE - proven gold buyers have roots where they are). And a community built of players willing to sacrifice their weeks or months of play time in order to start all over with others willing to do the same share an old-school mindset of players that are not as interested in instant gratification - which buying gold is… Therefore despite the bots existing, if there is less demand for their services then they are less consequential.

Additionally, a boost would only empower bots so a server with boosts enables would make the already crippling bot problem that much worse.

Before you say “bots would not boost, they would just get X number more accounts” the math has already shown that the boost still works in their favor regardless of account numbers and to think otherwise is based on a consumer mentality, not a business mentality where you weigh the extra “drop in the bucket” of overhead versus the profits made.
Most people neglect the fact that bots and gold sellers are one of the most competitive industries… All bots and ALL gold sellers do not work together… There are many websites and many different companies all vying for the money of those who are willing to spend it on gold.
To think that some companies will give up their competitive edge while others will not is asinine.

AND this bring us to our final point which; again, I assume most people don’t realize - many bots have already botted on retail to get wow tokens… they essentially play/bot classic for FREE with the tokens… and trade in tokens for battle.net currency since they have such a huge cache of gold… with that currency they will be able to get the boosts also for FREE. Before people start tossing up the “if they spend that gold on boosts thats less gold for selling!” argument - I would like to provide the conjecture that I think we can all agree that bots obtaining nearly any amount of gold is not, nor has it ever been an issue for them…

With that, I am done straying off topic.

My apologies @ OP for falling into the trap or derailing the topic for any duration of time in order to reply.

If people disagree that is perfectly their right and I would ask that they be willing to take it (with or without me) to a more relevant thread, or another location so as not to further hijack this thread…
Thanks for the time.

I remember them having Cross-Realm BGs. In Classic, it’s been this way. It’s (most likely) going to remain the same for BC.

A Level 58 Boost, for anyone wanting to jump straight into Outlands, right away. And, early access to Belves and Draenei BEFORE the Dark Portal opens.

That’s subjective. I (personally) don’t think it is but then again…I don’t waste my playtime looking to see who’s Botting and who isn’t.

There’s an LFG Chat. No real news on the LFG Listing, but it was there in the ORIGINAL BC format, BUT we’re not getting an EXACT replica of BC. There’s BNet Friends in Classic, and I imagine it’ll carry over into BC.

As of right now, Classic isn’t CRZ’d/Connected Realmed/Virtual Realmed, BUT as the population moves forward into BC (and, the same to be done when the population moves forward into Wrath AWAY from BC), that the Perma Servers will (most likely) become CRZ’d/Connected Realmed/Virtual Realmed. Until then, as long as it remains “popular enough”, they’re not implementing CRZ/Connected Realms/Virtual Realms.

HOWEVER, Layering is a DIFFERENT thing, that WAS seen in Classic. If a Server is too overcrowded causing lag spikes and/or que times, Blizz will implement Layering to dissolve these issues because they want players to play. Layering will be non-existent on Perma Servers, as the population won’t call for it to be turned on.

1. Early access to Belves and Draenei BEFORE the Dark Portal opens.
  2. Level 58 Boost (which is only one per account and CANNOT be used on Belves nor Draenei)
  3. BOTH Alliance and Horde Paladins will have BOTH their respective Faction Paladin Seals AND the opposite Faction Paladin Seals, as well.
  4. And, a change to Drums, which I will link to that thread, so you can read for yourself:
    Beta Development Update -- Leatherworking Drums

Not me but GL!

1 Like

This inane assertion has already been disproven and the fact that you try to hikack yet another thread with this kind of off topic whining will be treated as trolling so it is probably best if you stop replying.

1 Like

I disagree that he’s hijacking the thread. The op asked a question about bots, he presented his opinion on bots.

I think he’s wrong, but he’s on topic.

2 Likes

you get a cute little heart for your cute little attempt to further derail this topic. Hope your day is going well. Not gonna entertain the notion. Let’s keep it on topic, yes?

Legitimately appreciate your standing up despite being in opposition. I respect it.

1 Like

I calls them like I sees them.

2 Likes

But how are you going to keep the population that way, from day one your server will be on the list of available servers for any new or existing player to choose it. Just from natural process, your server, like all the others will get players that go to it and want to mage boost and buy gold.

Nothing about your points show me where you are going to be able to put some hard limits or preventions in-place to prevent the same behaviors we see in Classic now from permeating into these new fresh servers.

Point is, you may see a difference for the first few weeks, maybe a month on the outside, but within 2 months it will be no different than every other server in Classic today.

3 Likes

Yes, luckey has presented half the problem. You’re not really filtering people the way you think you are.

The other half is that a new server is ideal for bots.

Think about it. Bots don’t need good gear, sleep, they won’t be raiding, they won’t be doing pvp. They can get moving on gathering materials that everyone needs asap and they can do so before inflation kicks in to get the most gold possible.

Gold is extremely desirable on a new server because the upfront costs of a character are so high. Gold has more value because people haven’t really farmed that much of it yet, as well. It’s a RMT paradise- you can set higher prices and your supply of gold will move faster.

100% agreed here. And I am not about to put forth some ridiculous notion that it will be somehow more policed, or that there will be fewer bots - if anything there will be more bots as the fresh market presents the ideal conquest for increased income.

If you will allow the conjecture - I believe the community would be more likely to self-police or regulate this issue similar to how RP server are more self-regulated. Less community desire or demand makes the bots themselves a little less consequential. If you will not allow the conjecture, then you will at least allow the speculation that it would be an alleviation, even if only slight.

I don’t believe the RP servers do self-regulate better, and I’ve played on them since Lich King. (and you can see I do in classic as well).

Generally, I think the bot presence is tied more to population size, which RP tends to be lower (with some exceptions).

I also think those chasing “fresh” servers are more likely to consider a solvable problem “tainted” or “beyond repair” and give up than stick it out for the long haul. That’s why they wanted a fresh start, is it not? I very much doubt their capacity to self-regulate in the long-term.

Haven’t the current Classic servers already shown that self-regulation is not working. All of those in favor of new fresh servers are currently playing on some server somewhere and I highly doubt that the majority of players enjoy the bots running around and yet we still have the issue.

Self-regulation is not going to be the silver bullet, it might help the situation in higher concentrations on fresh servers, but through natural attrition and player migrations in, they will become diluted over time.

Fresh new servers are a temporary band-aid fix, it only delays the problem and not eliminate it. It is what is known as a Downstream approach, but what botting needs is an Upstream approach.

1 Like

Yes and no.
The game is more social, no one contests that I feel like - but the community is so vastly different in classic wow than vanilla wow.

A server spun up that targets those who are less interested in instant gratification would likely foster less to those who seek out instant gratification, likewise those who are already vested are rooted where they are - not saying there would be entirely no gold buyers on a fresh server but the proven gold buyers are likely to stay where they are…

the community willing to give up their time investment in order to start fresh is less likely to foster to mage boosting, gold buying etc… obviously those would still exist, and I doubt they would be entirely ignored - but by design the server would have less demand for it…

Any playerbase will become diluted over time… this is even proven in some of the RP pvp realms where the RP is secondary or even tertiary to the pvp or pve side of things… and that is what the realm exists for in the first place… allegedly.

“new servers” is a bandaid fix… “fresh servers that are fundamentally different by not offering boosts or cash shops” are a slightly more permanent fix - but as with any server these issues will exist so they muddy the water over time so to speak… I am not claiming the problem will be eliminated, no server could do that - not even private ones (mind you, I never played on them nor do I ever intend to) but these differing servers could alleviate the problems in a substantial enough way to prolong the longevity of a certain playerbase.

All of that said, as with most things, I admit these are speculation, and not even necessarily conjecture… but it is something i would be willing to wager on, and though
I can only speak for myself - there are hundreds, thousands, or more that express the same desire via other forum threads.

1 Like

Exactly what I told you do in the first place. Glad you finally get it.

You mean, like WoW Classic? There seem to be plenty of bots there.

1 Like

and they will be followed into outlands by their customers, while fresh players go backwards to level 1. :grin: