Questions about Brewmaster monk

Hey I hope someone can help me but I play BM monk and was wondering if someone could answer me question playing BM during the heroic wrathion fight I for some reason take huge damage from him and always end up dying and I’m not sure why. I have other tanks who I can tank it perfectly fine without any problems or even a worry of dying but as a BM I take the hits so hard even with 100% uptime on Ironskin brew and using other mitigation abilities. I run 1-2-1-3-1-2-1 and get hit like a freight train. My itmlvl is 458 but I’ve tanked heroic wrathion on different tanks like DH/DK and live perfectly fine at lower itmlvls if someone could explain to me why or what my mistake is that’d be great!

Would help if you said exactly what was killing you but I have a good idea and can provide a few suggestions.

One, taking immense spike damage like that I use blackout combo and pause my stagger for awhile when the big hits come. Make sure you leave enough charges to wipe stagger. Second, you are ilvl 458 and you have 5% versatility. I’m not saying stack it like crazy, but 5% is so low it’s like you are actively avoiding it at all costs. Third, buy some corruption. You have 20 total corruption on your character I can see. MOTHER is selling +versatility rank 1 on the 4th of August , I’d pick a few up. Versatility is one of the better stats across all 3 specs for monk.

Also gem and enchant your gear. Just start with that.

Whats killing me is “Searing Breath” all other bosses i can do fine without taking immense amount of damage. but Searing breath absolutely destroys me

Don’t use blackout combo in raid.

I don’t use blackout combo I use high tolerance

He wasn’t responding to you. Voodoofu had something in his post about using blackout combo in raids, but edited it out.

Not much you can do on magic Damage unfortunately. Our most effective way to deal with magic damage is high crit to make it easier for healers to pop us back up afterwards with celestial procs, which of course depends on your healers. The other route is stacking versatility. Again gem and enchant some on your gear, your versatility is extremely low and your haste is extremely high. High haste works well if you are using blackout combo, but blackout combo requires practice, preparation, timing, and robust encounter knowledge to use effectively. Even then you are gimping other valuable stats.

Other than that you shouldn’t have to be at more than 2 stacks. Make sure you are using Your big CDs for the second breath like zen meditation. Call for external cool downs like cocoon on the breath if you don’t have anything.

Heya, on the second searing breath of the first round, use Zen Meditation to mitigate. In the second round, use Fortifying Brew right towards the end of the first breath. In the third round, on the second breath make sure to have a Purifying Brew ready as it hits and use a healthstone and/or healing potion as it hits. Don’t be afraid of asking for a defensive from a healer at any of these points!

1 Like

Lol great mog.

1 Like