Question: What disabled the arbiter?

Xavius?

he did take out ysera in a similar way…

1 Like

We know it happened shortly after the Nightmare raid because Ursoc’s soul made it to Ardenweald. Maybe Denathrius was able to sieze Xavius’ ‘soul’ after he was defeated and able to weaponize it against the Arbiter.

2 Likes

I think it should be mined for resources.

I wonder, considering the red colour of corruption in Legion, whether it might have been someone slain then. Xavius perhaps?

Your theory does have a possibility but this part is not correct. All souls after Arbiter broke went directly to the maw. No soul went anywhere else.

The advantage of Revendreth was that they “technically” had continuously and unlimited anima reservoir due to their technics of extracting anima from condemned souls.

3 Likes

Argus wasn’t a fully born titan, so he might have gone to the Shadowlands due to that.

1 Like

I guess is Xavius soul.

As i can recall he was a highborne, inmortal, but they losed their inmortality as a whole race. Got corrupted by the Legion, so he’s a satyr, a demon? Then got corrupted by Nzoth, so demon, mortal, Void aberration?

Also he was a druid? in the emerald nightmare plane, died and he go where? Ardenweald?

1 Like

I was super angry by how dirty they did Ursoc with that, he finally gets to try and be reborn and they just…axe him, so angery.

What’s even worse, is, we restored the queens conservatory to help rebirth souls, why not have just put Ursoc in a dormant state by draining him, like drying a seed, and let us quest line to restore him to have him as a mount! That woulda been awesome!

2 Likes

I felt there was a consequence to killing Argust the Unmaker.

There are a lot of theories, but there isn’t much concrete evidence to say for certain, imo.

It seems there are multiple questions that people want answered, to know for sure :

1. When exactly did the Arbiter break down?

2. Who personally did it/over saw it?

3. What method did they use = what was the red bolt?

For question 1, it seems to be after the Emerald Nightmare Raid, and before Sylvanas breaks the helm at Icecrown. Maybe someone can narrow it down further.

For question 2, most people seem to think it was Denathrius himself. Others think it was the death of Argus.

For question 3, it gets more varied.

Some people suggest Denathrius just lobbed red anima as a weapon. The Warlock Venthyr ability is basically lobbing a red projectile. I see why folks suggest that.

Others think Denathrius unleashed Remornia. They point to the battle pet and one of its abilities as a clue. I suppose that is possible. But wouldn’t the Arbiter have obvious wounds or damage? Wouldn’t someone see the wounds and say : “it was attacked with a powerful blade.” It seems like the Arbiter was in good shape, but just offline. Like either a short circuit or overloaded.

And others believe it was the soul of Argus. Part of a plot, or just a fail safe. Perhaps Denathrius had planned this eons ago, when his minions in the Legion first made him aware that Sargeras controlled Argus. Maybe he planned to sabotage the Legion, and his plan was to lure the champions of Azeroth to slay Argus, capture his soul before it gets to the Realm of Order it may have gone to, and send it to the Arbiter. Which would either overload the Arbiter from the torture Argus went through, or because it was a powerful Titan soul she was never designed to process. Argus does drop a Red Scythe on Mythic.

Personally, I think it is still a bit up in the air exactly who did it, and how. Others are more certain.

It’s been stated over and over that the sire was the direct cause of the anima drought, and the event that caused the drought was the arbiter getting shut down.

It was the Sire, there is no need to explore it further, all lore characters openly acknowledge he was the direct cause which is probably why they don’t focus on it.

Direct cause can mean alot of things.

Like Elune was the direct cause of the nelves being in the maw, but she didn’t kill them herself, the method of how it was done is also kind of important here as knowing that means the Eternal Ones can safe guard against such

It was either Denathrius or Sylvy when she first entered the shadowlands. I don’t think the titans had anything to do with it.

I guess you weren’t paying attention mate, cuz it was Argus :skull:

2 Likes

Ahh, so you knew it was Argus through that quest text, right? Right? Oh, you were just being condescending, word.

1 Like

I do love reading this thread after the reveal that it was in fact Argus.

I acknowledged I wasn’t certain… just laying out theories. But some people were so definite…

1 Like

I do feel vindicated. I had no clue who it was. I went back and dug this up just because I remembered there were two or three people being condescending and acting like I was stupid for missing out on how obvious it was that Denathrius did it.

I still need some explanation as to how Argus got there and how Zovaal was supposedly playing a gambit and the Legion was a pawn though.

1 Like