Question on Trust Level 3

I don’t like to go through the middle men sorry.

When did that change happen?

When I was reported was over a year ago, only 2nd time since 2011. The 1st time I asked for it, I can be stupid.

Still, I wish there were no TL’s, no limited likes and it’d be great if they had an ignore feature.

2 Likes

Exactly the same as it was before except they changed names flagging=reporting

4 Likes

Oh you won’t hear arguments from me. South Park summed what I think of the Lounge up quite nicely with their song “My Safe Space”. If we continue down the road that we are as a collective race, I fully expect we’ll come to a point where even a remote belief that you are voicing the wrong opinion on the forums results in an account closure.

That’s how insane things are getting. This is why I employ the concepts of Buddhism to let go of my desires before it happens, and I use Discord so that if it ever does happen, I can move with my friends to a medium; to a more worthy company where it does not happen.

2 Likes

For sure! I’m not sure why there is even a limit on likes, I can just swap to my Alts and spam likes all day on the same post :joy:

1 Like

Elae, this may help. I found it earlier. New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

1 Like

When the new forums were rolled out. Go ahead, try to report me. You’ll probably have to think for a moment about how to do that because the option isn’t apparent. It’s not even there at all. On the old forums there was a visible option beneath the post you took offense with. But now all you can do is flag it, and if you’re the only person who does that it doesn’t actually do anything.

They aren’t middle-men. They’re the same CMs going through the forums and imposing/upholding penalties.

Trust me on this. I can’t say anything more because that would be a breach of the tos, but if you’re of the understanding that they don’t actually have power to do anything themselves, then that is incorrect.

Not entirely. Posts only get flagged for review once enough flags accumulate to literally hide the post’s text on the thread. If I flagged you right now, a CM wouldn’t need to review my flagging, because I haven’t technically filed a report that needs to be brought to his attention.

1 Like

hi Lacryma starting to notice you more these days, something about you…that you are calm, polite…are you a trust level 3?

1 Like

I’ve only reported one person in all the time I’ve been here and it’s because they sounded suicidal and I didn’t know what else to do so Idk how to report/flag and will probably never use it.

I do think that report is same as flag. I use “report” as that’s what I did way back then, 2013 I think it was.

They can and do suspend you.

Unfortunately I am not. This is because I believe that ‘true equality’ compels us to turn a blind eye to such petty things as race, gender or sexuality. Thus because I judge the character of Sylvanas’ by their deeds and actions, rather than her gender or race; I am evidently a sexist and possessed of toxic masculinity, a tool of the patriarchy etc. etc.

This claim of course relies on a belief that I believe it, and am possessed of self-loathing.
Fortunately I do not rightly give a damn what others think of me. It makes me a happier person. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It serves the same function in the sense that you’re supposed to “flag” in any situation you would have otherwise “reported.” Where it differs is the mechanism in which attention is brought to the CMs. They’re only interested in reviewing posts that the community has come together to voice their concern about, and even then it doesn’t automatically result in a suspension. The High Elf thread is routinely flagged but the OP has never had a manual suspension imposed on his account. On the other hand, inflammatory and trollish posts that have been flagged tend to be the ones that really do deserve their bans.

It’s kinda sad how I know exactly what thread you’re talking about just by that statement :no_mouth:

2 Likes

For T3 you can always check if you are part of the special forum section crowd on the home page of the forums.

In any case you should always be able to reacquire it as long as you don’t have any account suspensions.

1 Like

heh, no forum suspensions. That lounge is going to be mostly empty, I’m thinking.

2 Likes

I tend to agree if you are the only one flagging it doesn’t do anything unless you hop onto your alt characters and report it on those as well.

Reporting didn’t do much either. Old forums you could see if you were reported and I remember some hot threads almost every single one of my posts had been reported and nothing happened.

There really is no different in how they handle these.

My advice to you is this. Don’t hate the people in question. That is like hating a child for not knowing better when they act out in anger. Fault their teachers who corrupt them with their anger and rage, but don’t hate them. Rather one should pity them and hope that they become better people with time, knowledge and wisdom. That’s all we can do.

Smother them with love. They are still human and thus worthy, even as they try to dehumanize us.

1 Like

They can see when players do that. If they review a flagged post and find that a majority of the flags come from one person, that person can be suspended for abuse of the system.

1 Like

I’m in a similar boat. Won’t go into details. I lost TL3 over something that I feel was absolutely incorrect. I asked if it was gone permanently though, and I was told no. I was told that I would regain TL3. Just that it would take “a long time”.

I think I might do as Rorrand did and see if a CM can give me specifics.

2 Likes

Yes but they don’t normally even look until after someone has filed an appeal. I ran into an issue with a multi boxer once.

Even then I am betting you won’t win your appeal if you actually broke the CoC.

Welcome to the loser club :rofl:

1 Like

What on Earth? But you’re a girl aren’t you?