Question on Rogues

(Posting for friend)
Never played a rogue. I have always wanted to but I have just heard that they aren’t the best at solo content. I do not PVP, raid or run mythic. All I do is stuff like world quests, covenant progression, chains of domination progression, Korthia and farming mounts and mogs. With some Torghast in there.

Are rogues good for this stuff? Because of my schedule I never group with anyone and do everything solo. I just have heard that their self healing makes it super frustrating to do the type of stuff I do unless I hit the 240 ilvl or so.

What do you guys think?

Rogues can’t round up 25 mobs and burn them down via AoE like some classes can. But we do fine in all forms of content. Being able to stealth to objectives is well worth any downsides the class might have.

2 Likes

What do you think the best spec is for what he wants to do?

Rogues are a fantastic class for solo open world content because you can stealth around to each objective. Your AOE capabilities are adequate as sub/outlaw for the type of content you’re looking to do. As with most classes, you will occasionally run into rares/elites you can’t kill at lower ilvl.

BM hunter is probably the best choice for the content you’re friend is looking to do. They’re good at 1v1ing tough elites and can temporarily stealth like a rogue. The right pet is critical though. You absolutely have to be using a clefthoof.

Yeah, Hunter‘s isn’t one of the choices though and for the only reason because they wear mail armor. Thank you for the info on the rogue.

All three are viable. I personally think Subtlety is the funniest. But I use Assassination because that’s what I raid with and don’t feel like grinding gear for two specs

Sub. Not 25 mobs but… https://youtu.be/aE-cQeMqNbg And you could pvp if you HAD to.

What about other classes?

Rogues are fun. I am Outlaw rogue. I like it. It’s a very fast paced play. Good mobility. I think it’s a fun class to play overall, but definitely not the best/easiest for solo play.

We do not have any constant self heals.
We do not have a pet.
We are not tanks.

Has he thought of a warlock perhaps?
Shadow priest?
Ret paladin?
WW monk is really fun.
Being boomie can be quite hilarious at times too.

Rogues, end game wise, are one of the fastest classes APM wise (Actions per minute)
To really manage to play solo as a rogue, he will have to pay attention to stats. For example, he should avoid mastery. Dead stat.