Question On Gear Upgrade

I have a piece of upgradeable gear equipped, and a number in my bags. I have hundreds of Flightstones. But when I go to Cuzolth at the Emerald Dream, there is no option to have him do upgrades. Clicking on him does nothing.

I am thinking there is some ‘hidden’ requirement needed before upgrading ‘unlocks’, although all that I have read says that is not the case.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to unlock gear upgrades?

Thank You

Have you been to see the upgrader in Vald, right next to the AH, should have a yellow ! above his head. Are you trying to upgrade season 4 or 3? As far as I am aware, there are NO restrictions, you just maybe trying to upgrade the wrong season or at the wrong NPC.

I will go an check that out now. No, I have not looked at that NPC, so maybe that is the issue. Collecting Flightstones in the Emerald Dream and trying to use the upgrade NPC in the Emerald Dream, so I think that is ok.

Will look now in Vald and see what I can learn.

[Update]
Found it. Will do the NPC quest. That being said, THIS version of Cuzolth WILL do the upgrades. Don’t know why the Emerald Dream one would not.

Thank You very much for your help, Cazadori!

1 Like

At a glimpse, I think the problem is that you might not have any season 4 equipment. Anything tagged with season 1 2 or 3 is not currently upgradable anymore. I am not certain if the Emerald dream rewards any season 4 gear yet but it probably will in 2 weeks when it rotates the awakened off over there.

Very Welcome! Happy it all worked out.

You may be correct, Brakkarion, I am not very knowledgeable on all the Seasonal upgrade paths. However, all the gear is i450+ and dropped in Emerald Dream and all the Flightstones are dropped in Emerald Dream. So, I am certainly confused as to why the upgrade NPCs in the Emerald Dream are not working.

But, all is fine since the NPCs in Vald DO work. :slight_smile:

Awesome, good to know. Most things drop flight stones but sources of the Season 4 gear that you could use them on have been hit or miss when it comes to the world content. Is especially strange getting S1 and S4 gear from the same event, for example. Still, is good that you got things sorted.