Question on Dragonflying

Hey
Just came back to the game this morning - Got to the point where I can learn dragonflying. Learn the skill, have the renewed protodragon but can’t actually use it because I need the skill.

Is there something obvious that I’m missing?

I had the same problem. I spent a few hours looking for help on the interwebs with no clear results. I eventually just walked off the edge of the platform to see what would happen, died, resurrected, used the “try again” quest item, and then the drake was mountable.

1 Like

Once you learn the mount and the skill, when you mount the Renewed Protodrake your action bars will change. You start with a minimum of skills. As you fly around, there are glyphs to collect that will let you max out skills, this will make dragonriding a LOT easier. There are plenty of guides (and addons) to help you find all of the glyphs.

It’s a bit different than normal flying, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a lot of fun and very fast. I recommend doing the races to get used to it.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

I ended up having to close the game completely - Just reloading UI wasn’t working - but seemed to clear up the issue.

Dragonriding definitely takes time to get used to.