Question on 10.3

So this is my first major update as I started in 10.2.6 - Im totally confused on a few things:

• Mythic 11 chest at the end gets me 457 ilvl and 470 Vault - Will that be the same in 10.3?

• When does 10.3 go live and then how long does it last?

• Will there be all new PVE/Raid Armor Sets per class as well as PVP armor sets?

• Will any currencies I have earned in 10.2 be relevant for 10.3?

Thanks in advance!

There will not be a 10.3 patch. The last planned patch for Dragonflight is 10.2.7, which according the roadmap will have a few content updates to give us some stuff to do before the next expansion and some lead in story for the next expansion. It will last until the pre-patch for The War Within.

What you are probably more interested in is Season 4, which will start in a “few weeks.” (Probably the end of April or beginning of May based on the fact that I believe it’s planned for after Plunderstorm is done.) So, the short answer is, we’re still waiting for all the details for Season 4.

I suspect we’ll have more details about Season 4 after the Plunderstorm Creator event. (They seem pretty focused on pushing that content right now and probably don’t want to distract from it.) What we do know is that it will use a system similar to Shadowland’s Fated Raids. So, assuming it works like Shadowlands: Each week, one of the Dragonflight raids will scale up to the new Season 4 level (and drop Season 4 appropriate loot) and have some extra new mechanics. They will rotate each week, so only one of the raids will be “fated” (or whatever they call it for Dragonflight) each week. That will be considered the current content.

Item levels for all content considered current (so dungeons and fated raids) will go up to the new seasons levels. They are also making some changes to the dungeon system. (The article they posted will explain it best.) That will also give you an idea of how much ilvls will be going up for equivalent content between Seasons 3 and 4.

We’ll probably know more about currencies when we see some more Season 4 info, but it’s pretty common for them to not let you use stockpiled current currencies to get ahead gear-wise in the next season. (How they’ve gone about stopping that has varied over time.)

2 Likes