Question for the Prots

Does anyone else hate the Blessed Hammer talent? I absolutely refuse to use it.

1 Like

Yes i want to hit things with my weapon not deploy aoes but blessed hammer is just better in every way i have to use it.

I really wish it was removed

3 Likes

Yes. It feels really underwhelming lol.

How quickly some forget.

I remember when we couldn’t generate outside of melee range and it was absolutely terrible and universally hated by all prot paladins.

If you don’t like it don’t take it but I think it’s silly that you give up a powerful talent because you want to swing your sword pixels rather than make hammer pixels.

Judgement???

Because our weapon is literally just aesthetic theres no combat feel to the spec because of blessed hammer

When Blessed Hammer first got introduced, Holy Power wasn’t in the game yet. Or the spell didn’t generate it, at least. It also didn’t generate holy power for two expansions when released. When Blessed Hammer gained generation, so did Avenger’s Shield and Judgment was already generating Holy Power at a range. So we’ve literally always been able to generate from outside melee range…

It’s not about generating out of melee, it’s the only way to generate outside of combat, period. Historically in m+, you needed to end the previous pull with holy power reserved or you’d have to start the next pull naked (read: you’d wipe and fail the key).

Not to say I enjoy the hammers. But they are insanely powerful. They were also silly in Algethar Academy - they make the tree boss hilariously trivial. It makes the plants do 0 damage, meanwhile death knights and other tanks are sweating so hard they see the tree boss as that dungeons key-killer.

I dun understand, generation outside of combat is always welcome, the ability to throw a off heal while ur healer is drinking and/or while traveling is time savers and allows you to prep for the next incoming fight cos… you know every where’s lava except ur own cons.

Also allows additional threat via the saved hopo>sotr as a stabiliser move before dps rips it from you, esp if you are undergeared.

I hate not running it, to be honest. Chances to proc Grand Crusader and generate resource whether or not I actually hit a target and while out of combat are worth more to me than the mediocre swing animation of the base hit.

1 Like

I think removing it isn’t necessary.

I just don’t get why BH has 3 charges and hotr has 2. If they added a third charge you could choose between more dps or more defense. Right now bh is better def and dps just from the extra charge. Even if they added an extra charge to hotr most would still spec BH for the ooc HP gen.