Question for heavy Night Elf rp'ers

I’ve always liked Tyrande’s speech/incantation during the Night Warrior ritual. I wonder has anyone tried to translate it? Just curious as to what you all come up with.

There really isn’t much of a lexicon to work with, so I’d say whatever would seem appropriate should work. It might be a form of Ancient Darnassian.

1 Like

Good question! I was actually going to attempt to do this on my own awhile ago but forgot. I cannot come up with anything definitive, but there are a few interesting words that can be deciphered.

“Sin” = “blood.”

“Ash” seems to be a word of action or an affirmative word, as in Ash Karath (Do it!) and Ash’thero dalah’dor (Watch our land).

I know “rhok” means longbow in Rhok’delar, but I am not sure about “rokh.”

“Ilisar” could mean “enemies” or “beware,” as in Tor ilisar’thera’nal (Let our enemies beware).

Anu’dorini talah is “let my will be known,” so “Anu’dorini ash’ka” could be “Let my will be carried out.”

1 Like

This is a great analysis. I picked up on dinner of those words too. The are also the words she uses during the fight with Nathanos. Shal Karath and Ash Thoribas.

We know shal is darkness or night depending on the context in which it’s used with karath being another verb possibly. So maybe it’s something like “darkness fall” or something.

As for Ash Thoribas I’m not sure on. Bandu Thoribas is prepare to fight but she’s already fighting. That combo and the way it was used I can’t get a handle on. It sounds like it could be Do fight but that sounds off.

1 Like

Shal’karath as “darkness falls” is very apt, especially considering the ability she uses. Good thinking! Shal is always something like darkness/shadows/night.

Ash thoribas could actually be “Do fight.” It sounds funny in English but it could be a taunt, Tyrande’s way of saying “fight me.” After she says it though she drops a falling moon on the Val’kyr Brynja and Nathanos runs away so I don’t know. While we’re on the topic, apparently “brynja” means “armor” in Icelandic. Who knew! :slight_smile:

I love obsessing and speculating over little details in the night elf language or anything kaldorei really.

1 Like

Maybe the word Ash is an interchangeable verb. Mal uses Ash Karath as “do it” signaling the trap, maybe Tyrande’s use of Ash Thoribas means “end it” or “end this battle” or “finish it”. Thoribas is connected with the word fight or battle so maybe the use of ash in that context could change the meaning of the word?

1 Like

There’s a bit of lexicon in the RPG books, but I’m going to assume that none of it is canon.

You’re right it’s probably not. But I think Wiki or wowpedia uses some of the phrases from w3 so it might be the same thing. Buy since we don’t have an office lexicon it’s the best we’ve got to work with.