Question about Void Tendrils

So void tendrils… I was thinking it would be a nice option this week in M+ as an extra tool to control Spiteful… But it seems to not work on them, also tried using it to root the Flies around the Overgrown Ancient boss so they don’t charge at people but that didn’t work either…

So not sure what’s going on are they not getting rooted at all? Or do they instantly break or something?.. I know it’s limited to 5 targets but it wasn’t even working on the one I was targeting.

Am I missing something? I feel Tendrils should work for these… Frost Nova from the mage was working fine on them.

Void Tendrils break instantly from any kind of damage. It’s borderline useless unless there’s nobody hitting the targets.

Do you mean friendly players damaging the mob? Or the mob attacking the tendril and killing it?

Either way is lame just want to understand the mechanic better.

Friendly players damaging the targets. I don’t even take Void Tendrils except for this week because its Spiteful.

I’m not sure if in 10.0.5 using Sheer Terror + new talent that roots targets that are feared will work better. Also, I’m curious if Apathy will work on the Holy Fire splash damage.

Oh yeah I never take it either I was just trying it this week thinking it would help with Spiteful but no, it turned out pretty useless for that too.

It only works if you’re rooting the last couple of Spitefuls or you bait it out of the group. Although tbh it’s a lot easier to get away from the Spitefuls compared to last expansion.

Yeah that’s true, didn’t had much trouble with spiteful aside from some small corridors where it gets a bit awkward at time but AOE fear works decently well there… I guess I just wanted to find ways to make make good use of tendrils but nah not worth it.