Question about trust levels

Cool thanks! Time to open a mega thread while I make breakfast :grin:

2 Likes

I just auto-scrolled through a 10k post mega thread, but my count only went up to 5k… :frowning:

this can be because the posts need to have been made in the last 100 days.

(yeah i know… all these fiddly requirements are just beyond nutso)

2 Likes

You can scroll through too fast and it won’t count them all, I noticed this as I was scrolling through some that it would jump in count like from 12 then the next would be 19 there was 7 posts not counted.
You have to set it where it counts each one then walk away and do something else in the house and come back to it.

thousands? or 1284 (as of this post)? cause thousands would be at least 2000.

To be honest though trust level 2 is good enough for me, I can post you tube videos, I don’t care to post gifs or other images at TL3 to be honest.

I’m curious. They don’t tell us why we get suspended so how did you know?

Don’t give specifics but was it something that had just happened in a thread where emotions got riled and that was the only obvious answer?

Reason I ask is because I’ve been on the forums since 2011 and have gotten suspended twice.
The 1st time I knew and that was my fault. The second time, it took me a week to figure it out and still, I’m not entirely certain.
Not 100% anyway. They never told me what it was I did the 2nd time and, if I’m correct as to the reason, then it wasn’t valid.
They owe me an apology.

I got suspended for something that isn’t even a bad word. The moderation here is a little bonkers.

3 Likes

I was arguing with a dude who was asking why white pride is bad and saying hating nonwhites is just a negative way of saying they love their own kind. I was silenced and he wasnt.

But Blizz has banned :ok_hand:, that makes sense.

On the forums? You should get a link to the post that caused the account action right on your forum page and instructions on how to appeal if you want to.

In-game they tend to be a bit more mysterious but generally include a reason, even if it is a little vague.

1 Like

i’ve grinded trust level 3 on 2 toons. before this one i did it on my orc warlock. he got a forum vacation before hitting 3 and then he and this new warlock have both hit trust level 3 since then.

to prove that i have it. lol

I didnt get told what caused my silence until I tried to appeal the fact that I was silenced.

Yeah, I checked mine and it was actually in the email that they send. It had the post, and the reason the post was reported. Did you not get an email?

You have to make sure the little blue dot next to a post disappears, that is what “marks” it as read. You may have scrolled a little too fast for some of the lengthier replies.

inb4 trust level 3 is given discounts on digital and physical goods, free games and a free blizzcon virtual ticket.

I’ll have to check my email then. That’s an email I never use except for this game so I can never remember the pass.

You have 1.2 k. Not thousands, for the record.

I believe that being suspended, on it’s own, completely resets your progress. If you get suspended you must start again at “Day 0”.

This means:

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)

So in an imaginary world where you were suspended at Trust Level 3, you start back out at the bottom. Some say they didn’t get set all the way back, though. Severity may matter. Assume you get set back to trust level 0/1, just for good measure.

However, since the imaginary scenario has you unsuspended today and you lost your trust level, you’d need to wait at least 100 days before you can have visited 50% of the last 100 days. So, bare minimum, you’ll need to wait 100 days after your suspension ends.

No.

I think it is more of the severity, which was not that severe if it got overturned.

I got a 3 day “suspension” a while back, NOT being able to overturn it. I was still trust level 3.

I’m pretty sure I got suspended at least ONCE before getting 3, as well. I’d not worry about it. I still got 3 about the time I figured I would (adding stuff up.)

You haven’t read enough posts.

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)