Question about the new Crackshot talent for Outlaw rogues

Crackshot
Between the Eyes has no cooldown and also Dispatches the target for 100% of normal damage when used from Stealth.

Does this remove the cooldown of Between the Eyes altogether, or does that only happen when triggered from stealth?

Cold Blood + Stealth + Between the Eyes sounds really deadly for a burst coming out of stealth… but maybe that’s the intention.

Only in Stealth or while under the effect of Subterfuge/Underhanded Upper hand (btw, these two stack) or Shadowdance.

2 Likes

Outlaws is the old Combat tree replacement. We barely used stealth. It was mostly toe to toe fighting. It’s a really bad talent, imo. I don’t like it and will be replacing at 70.

3 Likes

While agree with the sentiment of outlaw being combat and agree with crackshot being a horrible design it’s either you take it and do absurds amount of damage or you don’t take it and you feel weak =/

Using killingspree looks really nice with mastery rather than crit; Crackshot is all about crit! Mastering how to manage it os a little different than other melee burst rotations because of how you need to he aware of it’s random rolls but you can floor people so easily. It’s unbelievablly fun. There is a rhythm you need to adjust to.

Try to get the feeling down, this is the exact same thing I tried to tell people a decade ago woth Combat and KS: It’s all about timing and adapting to what you roll. I haven’t even tried KS yet as Outlaw but I’m certain it’s very close to Crackshot when you can line it up well.

1 Like

Not simmed myself, people who claim they do have said it’s far behind crackshot. Mastery is also by far the worst stat for outlaw. You can play it if you enjoy the play style, but it’s not sufficient to push any kind of content.

Not for M+. It takes over haste in AoE significantly. (Especially for KiR build)

1 Like

But does it take over crit and vers? Also KiR != KS

Oh, didn’t see the context. Hell no, don’t stack mastery over crit and vers. Gross.

But it’s not the worst stat if you’re doing M+ like a lot of people seem to think.

1 Like

Unfortunately mastery is not good in any context really. It beats haste sometimes depending on build/target count but is generally always behind crit and far behind vers.

Not taking crackshot is a ~25% damage loss at minimum in PvE and likely a similar amount in pvp. Even if you take killing spree (you dont ever have a reason to in PvE, its always strictly worse then its competitors) you still take crackshot and just make sure to never press kspree during stealth.

10.2 Outlaw was built around crackshot and the alternatives are not what one would consider even remotely “viable”. Killing spree competes with CtO (and loses) in terms of what you would drop for it.

2 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t look like it’d be better; I was hoping it was equalized with a playstyle adjustment. I’m going to experiment with it for nostalgia just to see what’s up.

Killing Spree uses your weapon attacks, no? I was hopeful mastery kicked in for it’s strikes - I’m very disappointed if it doesn’t!

It has no CD while in stealth, x amount of time out of stealth depending on talents and during Shadow Dance. It does not reset the CD of it though.

1 Like

Maybe, but Between the Eyes is screwed up so it won’t matter until Blizzard fixes it. If they ever do fix it. BtE for this character likes to enter an untargetable mode where nothing will be hit. I can spam BtE without a cooldown. It hits nothing.

1 Like

I’ve had that happen a couple of times, not recently though. It got fixed if I waited a split second and then cast again, does that work for you or is it bugged the entire duration of crackshot?

No. It remains bugged until I use a different finisher. Then it works until I enter stealth or a new fight begins.