Question about recruit a friend

Anyone else still having this problem? I recruited another account and it shows under my tab yet I have not received my Rikki yet. The account came with a free month of play time but after 2 weeks I purchased a WOW token with the gold I earned and used it for subscription. From what I read, WOW tokens are an acceptable form of payment in order to qualify for the rewards. I’ve opened a ticket a few days ago and have not heard back yet.

How long ago?

Note that it may take up to 72 hours to process rewards. In some regions, the processing time may take up to eight days. See the Support Article for more information.

1 Like

This does not appear to be related to the bug being discussed in the other topic, so I am going to split this question off onto its own to avoid confusing the subject of the other thread.

It looks like your ticket was answered a short time ago, but the Game Master found the same thing that I did upon reviewing your account.

Your main WOW account successfully recruited and linked 2 different WOW accounts (WOW#2, WOW#3). These 3 WOW accounts all exist under your Blizzard account where you have a total of 4 WOW accounts.

However, neither of the 2 recruited accounts has ever had game time on them. I see no Tokens being claimed by either of the 2 new accounts (WOW#2, WOW#3).

I do see that you used a WOW token on a different World of Warcraft account (WOW#1) but this WOW account was created in August of 2019 and is not eligible for the Recruit a Friend program.

You can recruit friends who have a new account (created within the last 7 days), or who have an account that has not had active game time for 24 months or more.

So right now, this is how your accounts look:

Blizzard Account
Original WOW account (recruiter)

• WOW#2 (recruit)
  • WOW#3 (recruit)

WOW#1 (Not recruited, ineligible)

• Used token.

To be eligible for rewards from this program, either WOW#2 or WOW#3 need to have game time. Since you’ve been actively using the game time on WOW#1, it likely won’t be eligible for a refund or transfer. You may respond to your ticket and ask if that can be provided as an exception but I want to make sure and set an appropriate expectation for that type of request.

I hope this helps to clarify what is going on with your Recruit A Friend links!

2 Likes

Thanks for your response and clarification but I did not activate that account until roughly 2 weeks ago. I then played it for free for 2 weeks and bought the token on it. I have no idea why it would say it was activated in August. I purchased it a couple years ago but it was never used, so I just recently activated it like I stated above. When I recruited the account it said it worked and under my main account it shows Anthon88(1) and 2 as recruited.

Hopefully, something can be done to help me out. I have been a very consistent member of WOW since it came out with very little breaks. I still have my ticket open and am awaiting a response.

Thank you.

Unfortunately not. The account you were hoping to recruit simply doesn’t qualify for the program. There’s no way for a GM to ‘force’ it to happen as the system is hard-coded.

You do have two other accounts under your same battle.net however that are indeed connected based on what Kal found while looking into it.

2 Likes

The problem is I absolutely did not activate that account in August of 2019. Secondly, when I went through with the recruiting process it told me it was eligible and under my main account it said Anthon1 which seemed like it was my WOW1 account. I have since used a game token, used my level 110 boost, and made and leveled some toons when I would have simply did that on an account that was eligible for rewards instead.

It was very confusing and apparently many others have issues as well. And again the main issue is I did not activate that account in August. I did the end of January and my free month started then, so not sure what went on there.

Just to be clear, I don’t think they were referring to when you upgraded the account, only when you create the account. You may have upgraded at the end of January, but

That was likely when the free account was created, making it too old to have been recruited.

Since the other 2 licenses are already linked, you could continue to buy game time for those two accounts, and get the rewards. But since the referenced account is not linked, it would not qualify for RAF rewards.

2 Likes

Aye, this is the date the WOW account was added to your Blizzard account. Even if you don’t play on it, or add funds/time to it - it’s considered the creation date for promotional purposes.

2 Likes

I bought the account 2 or 3 years back as a Christmas gift (Definitely before August of 2019) and the person decided he didn’t want to play it. So I left it inactive for years. It was whatever the Legion Bundle was at the time. So as of 2 weeks ago, I decided I wanted to use it and add it to my main account.

Just very very frustrating considering I actually read up on this for a couple weeks prior to attempting the recruiting process because I heard it could be a pain. Then as I went through it, the way the accounts were labeled, ie Anthon1 - WOW1 it seemed like it worked since it appeared under my main account. So after that I use a boost, buy a token, set up some toons only to find out I am ineligible on that account when I would have done all that stuff on one that was eligible had it been clear to begin with.

Appreciate your responses. I am just very frustrated and when it takes days to hear back on your tickets it makes it even more frustrating.

It normally doesn’t take days. 8.3 was a major patch and it had some issues. The queue time for tickets usually spikes around big releases.

1 Like

Yeah, you are right, it’s usually not days but it’s still not like the old days. Was always so much easier just talking live to a GM.

I never upgraded it. I bought it as it was at least a year prior to that over the winter. No idea where August came from.

I don’t know what triggered it being added on that date considering I never used the gifted email link until a couple weeks ago.

Dunno what old days you’re referring to. When Ulduar came out and bosses despawned preventing progress, queue times were six days or more. My raid group stopped bothering ticketing at all when it happened to us, because weekly reset would beat the GMs to the punch.

It is nice when they can go fast and get back to you within a few hours or even hit you up in-game. Any time there’s a lot going on though, that’s going to be less feasible.

Do keep in mind that WoW isn’t the only thing generating tickets that they have to answer. Any other high-impact situation at Blizz is going to affect queue times as well (e.g. WC3:R).

1 Like

But had that account been a starter account (i.e., never upgraded) prior to you applying that gifted upgrade?

If so, then that is how the creation date would come in to play.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess I was referring to Vanilla when they would actually contact you in game. I don’t believe they do that anymore from what I’ve read and it’s just tickets back and forth.

No, it shouldn’t have been seeing as I purchased the all in one Legion Bundle at the time. So if somehow it automatically upgraded a free starter account to Legion at the time of purchase it was still well before August of 2019 which sort of disproves that date. I never touched it until recently. The gifted code for the game sat in my inbox for years since my friend decided he didn’t want to play so I just held on to the code and finally used it on myself a couple weeks ago.

I think it’s less a question of what they still technically do than it is what they currently have time for. If their workload was low enough, I’m sure they’d talk to us directly, but from a financial point of view, if their workload is low enough for that to be feasible, then there are too many of them.

You don’t need to claim a gift or make any purchases to create a WOW account. You just need to go to your account management page and click on the Create Starter Account link that is there. That seems to have been the case with your WOW#1 account. People do this all the time. So much so that we created a way for users to get rid of unused Starter Accounts.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter how the account was created - only that it was. The date it was created cannot be disputed.

As for the gift, I do see the Legion purchase you made in 2017. And I do see that it was applied to the pre-existing WOW#1 on January 25th 2020. Since Legion had already been added to the base game at this point (WOW#1 was already “Legion” level), claiming the gift granted 30 days of game time and a level 100 Character Boost to the WOW account.

Also on the 25th, you created a WOW#2 and WOW#3 account using the Recruit a Friend link. This is how we ended up where we are now with no credit for the time applied to WOW#1.

1 Like

So, my Legion bundle purchase at the time became the equivalent of 30 days game time and a level 100 boost? That was the financial equivalent? I just want to make sure. Secondly, I do not have a level 100 boost on either my main account or the one created January 25 2020 after activating that account.

So as far as my eyes could see it was a very new account and I followed the RAF process and even checked after doing it…In game under my RAF on my main account it said Anthon1 which anyone would lead to believe that meant WOW1. So basically, through a very confusing process and very little if any fault of my own, I lost out on RAF, used a 110 boost I had and a WOW token on an account I thought was going to earn me rewards, and never received that 100 boost that you mentioned above from activating the account? Doesn’t seem quite fair at all.

I’m sorry, the level 100 boost that came with Legion was actually upgraded to be a level 110 boost after BfA launched. So, technically you got a higher level boost than the one that was advertised with the Legion bundle. This was used on your Night Elf Druid on WOW#1.

2 Likes

Ok, that’s good at least and makes sense. Unfortunately, had I known that account was not eligible for RAF, I would not have boosted the druid on it but instead an account that could get me the RAF rewards and the one I would continue to pay a sub for and keep active. Like I said, when I applied the RAF to WOW1 and I logged in it showed Anthon1 which made it seem like it worked correctly.

I will keep my ticket open and talk to a GM to see if there are any solutions or something at all moving forward. Do you have any more insights or suggestions you can share?

Nothing more than what I’ve already shared. Anything would be an exception at this time. Hopefully they can find a way to help you with it.

1 Like