Question about Monk durability

Are Windwalker Monks naturally brittle?

I’ve got all the passive damage mitigation talents, 3/4 of the CC options, the escapes, the Ox Statue for open world, and I’m getting chunked by zone mobs.

I’m ‘adequately’ geared (enough for M+ and LFR) but the spec feels so squishy at times.

Is it our lack-luster self healing? I talented into instant Vivify and not Soothing Mist, but even with the increase to healing, it still feels awful?

2 Likes

I 100% agree. Especially when comparing to Warrior, Enhancement shaman, Hunter, or Paladin. I haven’t got any other classes to 70, but all of the others perform significantly better in terms of survivability. WW monk is fun as hell to play, but it disappoints me how fragile they are.

1 Like

Totally agree, we need Good Karma again or some kind of buff to our vivify or a CD reduction on spell harm.

1 Like

Viv needs an extreme boost, and expel harm needs to go back to it’s bfa version at minimum

3 Likes

In terms of defensives during boss/trash encounters in dungeons, we are one of the tankiest classes, but that’s only with a healer (as silly as that sounds). Open world or solo even with all our damage mitigation for magic/physical its better to switch to BrewMaster so you can actually be tanky and survive. They do good damage as well (for tanks). We can reduce a ton of damage, we just cant heal it back up as vivify even with 40% talent increase + 1 instant every 10 seconds, we are so energy starved its not like you can get off more than 1 during combat. Expel Harm is an absolute monster as brew master but pure garbage as WW, and Chi burst’s heal makes you giggle when you cast it

1 Like