Question about Invites

I presume like past beta’s its an email invitation? Does it also send a notification to the BNET launcher?

1 Like

Sometimes you get an email, and sometimes you don’t. Thats been my experience anyhow. In any case, if you get the invite you can just open your BNET launcher and find it in the dropdown without having to open the email. Just check that every so often and hope you get lucky.

2 Likes

If you aren’t a YouTuber I wouldn’t hold your breath.

1 Like

In the last beta I was in, if you did get an email, it would have no link. If you do get an email with a link, it is a scam. Do not click on the link. You would also get told in the blizzard launcher.

However, they often were not in sync with each other. If you get the email, but do not see the option to install it, restart bnet. Some people also got the bnet notification without ever getting the email one.

So, yeah, it can me pretty random in even telling you.

1 Like

Apparently there is a content creator discord, that is invite only, and you had to apply for the beta there, in order to gain access to this first wave. Or at least that’s what a streamer I was watching yesterday told their chat.

I understand in a way, but it’s still lame.

As it always has been.

If I remember correct there was a patch in the bnet client that would notify you that you there is a new beta available, there would also be a green button under “Shop World of Warcraft Classic”, “Forums” and “patch notes” that would direct you to the version.

I remember seeing this when I got Dragonflight beta.

Ehh I wouldn’t fret about not getting it tbh.

Most of the time, I just sign up and maybe one day I would see it on the launcher, if I get it I will probably play around and report I see that could be a bug and maybe take the time to see what classes I play to see how they changed.

Also playing the beta can also sometimes burn you out before playing the actual release imo.

The email notification is very late usually. I’ve had the beta since day 1 and still don’t have a mail.

For the dragonflight alpha, it took longer than a month after getting the alpha to get a mail. Same stuff with Wotlk beta.

Just keep an eye out on wowhead and X, they usually will post something if there has been a new invite wave. Then just check your launcher that day/the day after.

1 Like

So I opt-in months ago on the US realms… and Just opt-in on the UK realms… Not sure this would make any difference.

Squashing this lie once again. I’m not a streamer and I got an invite today.

1 Like

I opted in, got invited a day or two later. I noticed I was able to install and play it the day before I actually got the invite email. Gmail put the invite email in the promotions tab.

It’s likely a slow wave invite as they work on issues they know are there and looking for feedback on those issues as they attempt to resolve them. I’d expect more invites to go out over time the more things are fixed to make the game more stable for a larger influx of people. Just be patient as it’s there for feedback testing, not max rushing to end-game and completing raids before launch.

i got in yesterday (which when i logged in for the first time, i was able to select worgen/goblin) so I’m glad i got in later then most :slight_smile: I heard in the very beginning you didnt get those 2 race selections available

This is actually what the Cata beta was like. They increased content and mechanics slowly as it was such a huge release. Even with it taking almost half a year, there was still a lot that was not tested very well.

I did receive an email letting me know that I was in the beta. Don’t listen to the naysayers about if you’re not a streamer or YouTube or that you won’t get in. Im not one and i got in.

1 Like

Load of bull, got an invite for this one and got in early in wotlk without even having an active sub at the time.

I’m also seeing where if you buy the top upgrade package a lot of those people got an invite as well. Might be wrong tho.

I still don’t have

Bumping multiple 1+month old topics wont make you magically have it.

Thanks for the irrelevant information pal!