Question about Horde/Alliance and cross playing

I’m a new player and all the information is definitely an overload lol. I originally made a night elf druid though decided to make Orc shaman, and was confused about where to go.

A friend told me if I’m playing horde, go to Illidan so I did. I heard a bunch of stuff about faction cross play and how there is cross pvp, cross grouping, and guilds, etc. So is there any real point to choosing one or the other?

Can one side not go to the other sides zones and do their quests? I tried playing alliance but they were too…“goody” lol. Horde seems more my speed

Many old quests are only available to one side but many new quests are available to both sides.

I agree that the alliance is too goody, I personally think the alliance should have set fires back for teldrassil. Maybe burn silvermoon for example, and while we are out and about, Dazar’alor might be good for a little toasting. You burn my hunks, you pay

2 Likes

So everything else is interchangeable now including grouping and pvp? I mainly just want a high pop server to play on tbh

I was on Anvilmar and someone told me it was in fact dead despite being full because it registers all created characters, not just online (weird metric to use, never saw that before)

I mean my server is pretty low pop but I have fun on it regardless. I think people like to be on high pop realms to join more guilds, but you can join communities (in game and on discord) and group with friends on any server. The open world stuff is not cross realm, neither is queued content like leveling dungeons, but you can do mythic0 and mythic+ dungeons, higher than LFR raids, rated pvp cross faction and cross server.

1 Like

Some things remain disconnected, and it isn’t really full cross faction.

Cross Faction:
-Premade groups.
-Guilds.

Not Cross Faction:
-Open world content.
-PvP (queued).
-Any queued content.
-Everything else in the game.

Being on a high pop server makes all the difference, on another note. It isn’t just for guilds, but for being in a populated place. Low/medium pop, you’ll see desolate to semi-crowded cities. High/full pop is significantly more crowded–even with sharding. You have a lot more options regardless of what you are looking to do in PvP/PvP–regardless of difficulty level. More people, more opportunity.

many things in the game are faction specific, cross faction things are relatively new for Warcraft, I just google when need warcraft info , no shortage of that online.

The Alliance is “good” in the same way the Imperium is “good” in 40k.

1 Like

I do the same but I kept getting conflicted info, one topic say this and another topic says that. Lol

I mostly use Wowhead for info , forums can be helpful as well , Icy Veins site has good info too

1 Like

They were going to, but then they realised
that the walk from the docks to the pyramid
was too much effort :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to Warcraft.

If you want, you can make over 50 characters. Should you want to do this, you can try out Area 52 as a realm.
It’s horde heavy and very fun.

Have fun.