Question about Draenei

Are we related to Talbuks and goat like creatures the same way that humans in real life evolved from monkeys and apes, just curious?

Perhaps, but if you’re at it you might as well add squid to your ancestral background, too.

1 Like

So goats (talbuks) and squids are compatible and gave birth to the Draenei?

Actually we don’t know that. Kil’jaeden should represent some kind of Satan in Warcraft but they retconned his race and calked then space goats… I mean Draenei

Hey, evolution is weird. And the world of Azeroth is even stranger.

We are descended from a smurf, a goat and davey jones.

We dont know if Talbuks were on Argus? So probably no?

Yes that’s confirmed. Talbuk are native to Argus.

So did they bring them to Draenor?

Yes there was a herd that came on the Genedar from Argus, and thrived all over Draenor’s main continent for a long time.

Mm I dunno if Draenei are evolved from Talbuks, you don’t appear furry or leathery like Talbuks. But who knows? I didn’t know the Jinyu/Ankoan evolved from Murlocs. :man_shrugging:

Talbuks were native to argus same as the draenei when they fled they took several herds of them as pack animals and perhaps as a food source and or they would shear their hair and possibly use them for leather etc after all they had no idea how long theyd be wandering in space and not even starbucks was in their part of the universe I mean they spent 25k years to even reach azeroth

1 Like

Well to clarify, humans are still apes. Our closest living cousins are bonobos, as we sorta killed off our closest cousin species (Neanderthals). And cross-bred with them a little.

That said, in the Warcraft universe, not much seems to evolve naturally, there’s always some magic that radically changes one species into a completely new one.

2 Likes

Hi, pretend scientist here. More or less, yes. Not evolved from them per se, but evolved from a common ancestor.

1 Like

well lorewise the only race to actually evolve without any outside influence “old gods titans burning legion etc” were the NEs according to some Blizzard lore they used to be an isolated race of trolls some of which broke away into their own tribes and eventually became the NEs we know today because the trolls we saw in pre BFA Darkshore were from the same tribal kind as the ones that turned into elves only they didn’t evolve and merely remained as they were

I wonder if Winged Eredar are natural, like some have wings and some don’t as there are plenty of them with wings both male and female, just a rarity.

Nah, that’s the fel influence. That stuff will mess you up. Illidan grew wings. The fel blood elves in the sunwell raid were beginning to grow wings as well.

Man, I wish there was a glyph for perma-wings on demon hunters. Wings are cool.

no that was an indirect effect of being changed when they became members of the legion I mean its true sargeras purposely altered some of his higher ranked members like Arcimonde and Kiljeaden after all being his 2 top minions it wouldn’t do for them to remain their regular size or did you think both of them being 50ft tall was normal? but in truth most of the grunts were altered at random there was no specific model for what they became it was basically left up to natural selection and or RNG

after all you know how much Blizz loves their RNG not even poor ol sarge is a match for it lol

You got some of this wrong. Yes the Night Elves came from a tribe of Dark Trolls, no they didn’t evolve naturally. They were mutated and changed by the magic of the Well of Eternity and possibly by Elune.

Trolls and Tauren are the only playable races that are closest to evolving without magic. They evolved naturally but only because Eonar seeded the world with life.

well it was even said the humans are in fact not actually a starter race either one of the story line in lich king revealed that they came from the Vykrul because one of them gave birth to “puny runt” like 1000s of years back it never really specified how many years and rather than follow tradition and discard the inferior baby they fled and raised it to adulthood thus spawning the rise of man