Questing separating me and my fiance

My fiance and I started shadowlands last night and we decided to make new toons to experience it from the ground up.

After making it to Orgrimmar from Exiles Reach, our quests started taking us in different directions (wanting me to infiltrate Stormwind and meet my team) while hers is taking her on a flying mount parked outside of the inn to take her to her questing zone.

What happened?? We are level 10 and it didn’t look like we had a bunch of options to choose from, just quests taking us to different places and not giving us the same options. We are both blood elves if that helps in any way.

How long have each of you been playing WOW? Is one of you on a new account & the other an experienced player with one or more level 50 characters? That could account for the difference.

1 Like

Yeah, I have the same account I’ve been playing since around the start of WotLK, while she remade her account at some point and doesn’t have any toons past lv 30 post squish.

Is there a way for us to sync it back up so we can level together?

After Exile’s Reach, you should both be naturally funneled into the BfA intro quests after the city tour. It’s important to note that if you don’t opt out of the tour at the start when you get to Orgrimmar, you have to finish the BfA intro up through “Welcome to Zandalar” before you’ll get access to other breadcrumbs from the Warchief’s Command board.

If her account is still flagged as new, as in she can’t pick a starting zone besides Exile’s reach, she won’t have the opt-out option.

1 Like

Is there a way that I can do those quests as well along with her, or will we have to go our separate ways until xyz?

What questing zone did your fiance get sent to? If I’m not mistaken you should end up in Dazar’alor when you’re done with infiltrating Stormwind.

Tbh I’m not sure yet. We called it a night at that point to see if we can get it figured out

The tour quests are pretty short. If she’s on those, she should catch up to you on the BfA intro pretty quickly.

I haven’t checked Horde side, but I do know that on alliance the first quest for the BfA intro is actually different depending on of you’re coming from the tutorial vs. picking it up from the Herald. (Not way different, but enough that you might be separated for them.) So, I’m not sure if you can do the Stormwind Infiltration quest together if you had the different starter quests.

You can always try party sync to see if you can get her quests that way. (Have her turn it on, as if you do and it bypasses some of the stuff she needs, it could cause weirdness.)

1 Like