Quest turn in's

Evening - I have had a few issues I have opened tickets over for my wife (a newer player) and some other issues from friends the last couple of months, and I’m having issues with the way its being handled at the GM level.

Back in the day, if you messed up - you would have a GM message you and listen to your issue, and respond. Now I understand that staffing has been cut, and the powers of the GM are limited by the following policy:

" Customer Support will be unable to:

• Restore quest items lost through deletion or quest abandonment. You’ll need to reacquire the quest and obtain the item again.
  • Swap quest rewards
  • Unbind items bound to a character
  • Exchange bind on pick up loot between characters.
    • Raid items will have a 2 hour trade window"

The issue is, over the years as the player base expanded, responding to these requests became too much of a burden - that does not help the player though. A good work around for some of the specific issues i have ran into would be: DM trinket deleted past restoration period? Wrong trinket for heart of hakkar turn in, or you want another item from the nef head? Let those quests be repeatable… at least give the player a way to right the wrong. A response received from a GM was:

"Hey there! Game Master Kieulas here!

I read your ticket about choosing the wrong item from a quest!

Once you pick a quest reward, that’s permanent - even in the case of a mistake, and even for quests that reward powerful / best-in-slot items. Customer Service won’t be able to swap your reward out for you, or reset the quest.

As for the item you received, you’ll want to disenchant it, vendor it, or destroy it. As you continue adventuring, you’ll naturally be able to find a replacement. It may take some time, and that replacement may not be as powerful - but like many other parts of the game, making and correcting mistakes is another part of the journey.

If you’d like the quest system changed (or Customer Service to provide more assistance), you’ll need to reach out to our Dev crew through the Suggestion button or by starting up a discussion on the Forums. Until they make a change, though, we have to uphold their design decisions and stay hands-off."

How is telling a player tough luck, delete it and wait for a Drake fang talisman for that 2% hit because you deleted your DM rogue trinket acceptable customer service? Hopefully this feedback will be looked at, will help others and is constructive.

Choices have consequences. More news at 11.

2 Likes

Imagine complaining about this when you DO have an upgrade available to you in a raid.

So you deleted a trinket that is obviously very strong and then didn’t notice that it was gone for over 60 days, and now you are complaining that they wont fix your mistake from over 2 months ago, because you not only made a mistake but then refused to use the tools available to you to fix it.

Just giving examples of things - not specifically my issues. I still have my DM trinket and patiently awaiting that DFT!

Not all players played back in vanilla though and knew the importance. I guess I am saying blizzard should cater to mistakes like this in the way of suggesting that these quests become repeatable to obtain offspec items or correct a unknowing mistake. Repeatable option would alleviate tickets submit for quest resets that they no longer have the capacity to respond to.

They never swapped quest items or let you redo a quest at any point in WoW why would they change this for classic?

And if you delete an item you have 60 days to restore it.

So no they shouldn’t change this, and this is coming from someone who absolutely would use this change immediately if it got implemented.

You have never, EVER been able to get GMs to swap out a quest reward you’ve accidentally taken, even in Vanilla. I know because I chose the wrong AQ40 rep ring 15 years ago, and I was told “nope, sorry.”

Because it is? :woman_shrugging:

Good luck with that. I’ve opened a few tickets for my wife too. I seem to be drawing massive amounts of threat just for playing wow too long and not helping around the house. None of the trinkets I have in game to drop threat work at all on my wife. I thought that was a game flaw that they should fix.

Blizzard told me that World of Warcraft is a fantasy game and items in that game can’t effect changes in real life. That has got to be the stupidest thing blizzard has ever said since playing wow is my real life.

It’s no use submitting a ticket since blizzard will deny any reasonable request and reject any sensible suggestion.