Quest: The Mission doesn't set the appropriate phase for Pandaria before transporting the player

Description

On the alliance side, I recently faction transferred from Horde, and the game decided to give me a bunch of breadcrumb quests, among which was “The Mission” which is the starter quest for MOP, apparently.

1. I went to Stormwind to talk to the relevant NPCs, and then I got sent to an airship to talk to an NPC.
  2. I talk to the NPC while the airship is still over Stormwind.
  3. A cutscene plays.
  4. When the cutscene finishes, I find myself in the skies over Jade Forest, falling.
  5. As I get close to hitting the ground, my character is teleported back up into the sky.
  6. goto 4.

Things I tried

1. I recall a long time ago there were some commands like /stuck or /unstuck or something, but none of these work.
  2. Apparently there’s a character unstuck service, so I tried that, but it didn’t work.
  3. Alt-F4 doesn’t work.
  4. Tried looking through my toy collection to see if there was something that would slow fall speed and give me the ability to move around, maybe land on a cliff or something, but couldn’t find anything.

What worked

Sadly, I was forced to use a lvl 70 character boost that I had from pre-ordering the war within. I can only assume if my character was 70, I’d still be falling through the skies of Pandaria.

Doing some reading on Wowhead, suggests that there’s another “phase” of this zone (similar to how Silithus phased when the sword came down). So I assume the quest didn’t set the proper phase which has the airship ready to catch me when my character gets teleported to Pandaria.

1 Like