[Quest] Scouting Report: The Friend of my Enemy

I tried the workaround to not talk to Kyrin. It did not work for me. Nothing came to fight me. I then tried running around and although it seemed I might get the first down, two more joined the fight and I was down.

2 Likes

Broken for me also. All the Jinyu are elite mobs. Didn’t used to be this way before 11.00. Riko is only doing like 90 damage to each one. Can’t kill the first before the next shows up. Jade Forest campaign is blocked at this point.

This is not fixed after the patch.

1 Like

Solved it. After speaking with Kiryn, back away to the North and when the first guy spawns target him and fling while running away to the north. After he dies (before the water) go back and from a distance target the second spawn close to the plane; run away to the north and spam “fling”
Return to the plane, target the last Jinyu and repeat the run away and fling to the north. The Alliance scout is tougher so you’ll have to make a loop around and head back south after kiting him north.
Only took me one try once I decided to try being patient.

1 Like

I did the most unga bunga nonsense to do this (very fitting for Riko imho), all I did was hold the down arrow key, spam 2 for fling (should’ve macroed it honestly) and punch (1) only if they got too close. This worked for me first try.

EDIT: Make sure you’re right by Kirin when you do this to ensure you don’t leave the quest area.

Scaling is still doing 29k per hit. This is still soft locking quest progression.

1 Like

literally impossible to survive long enough even if you smack the %!%^ing jinyu back. All I !@#!@ing want blizzard is my landfall campaign done to get my appearances.

1 Like

Same problem with new char today. Done 3 times before patch no problem. Today after many restarts I finally got one where the alliance scout spawned without talking to Kirya. Kited the scout and finally finished this gamebreaking quest.

I had the same problem. Then, I did some dungeons and hit level 50. For some reason after 50 I was killing the mobs in one hit each so I easily finished the quest. Maybe I was just lucky, no idea.

Having the same issue since pre-patch. Did it a few days before on an alt with no issue but its not working as intended since the pre-patch. Got a response from a GM in game confirming its an issue.

I have to say, it’s fixed but now some other quests have possibly changed in difficulty lol. I think I will stop while I’m ahead :D. It’s about to end as it is.