Quest log missing

Tried searching, but couldn’t find any answer…The quest log that it normally on the right of my screen is gone. I’ve tried searching through the various new options menu to see if I could find anything, without any luck.

I can still pull my quest journal up manually, but can’t seem to figure out how to get the overlay to show.

Anyone else have this issue and figure out how to fix it?

Thanks.

3 Likes

do you have any ui addons installed? i don’t think there’s a way to hide the objective tracker using the new edit mode but it may be hidden by an addon. also try untracking and retracking a quest/achievement and see if it pops up

I do have a few addons, namely bartender and DBM. I’ll see what happens if I disable bartender.

Thanks for the advice.

i’m having this same issue… along with empty pop up info boxes

If you pull up the map, do you still have quests showing there?
If you select one, it there an option to “track”?

(I just ask because I’ve encountered the game spontaneously untracking all active quests a couple of times in the past and I had to turn tracking back on for each of them)

5 Likes

Yes the objective box in edit mode

1 Like

If you hit Esc and go into Edit Mode, do you see your quest log there? if not, it’s most certainly a conflicting add-on. I’d try disabling all add-ons and see if that fixes it, and then enable them one by one until you find the offending one.

I disabled every addon, it was still not working…I figured it out though.

I had to open edit mode, then at the top left, there’s a dropdown that says “Layout,” I switched that to classic and hit apply and the quest overlay popped back up. I then switched back to “modern” and it stayed. That is with my addons running.

So, if you’re having this issue, try changing the default editmode layout.

Good Luck!

9 Likes

Thank you, this worked!