Quest log keeps disappearing and needs /reloadui. Anyone else?

Trying to figure out if this is an elvui thing or a WoW thing.

Anyone else quest log/text on the right hand side of your UI disappearing?

1 Like

Happens to me as well, assuming probably an Elvui thing. I find it disappears when I enter an instance and won’t come back unless I /reloadui.

Have you managed to find a fix?

1 Like

I have not. It’s definitely not World Quest Tracker addon.

Maybe it’s ELVUI.

1 Like

It’s 100% something with Elvui, I ended up installing an addon called Kaliel’s Tracker (which is actually pretty good) to test and it stopped happening.

1 Like

It’s ElvUI. There is an option to fix it but I’m not in game to check, I think it’s in General somewhere. The quest log auto-hides in combat and doesn’t reappear. If you change the auto-hide setting, it shouldn’t disappear anymore.

2 Likes

Can confirm. It’s in General > Objective Frame > Uncheck Auto Hide.
Thanks!

2 Likes

I know it’s a few days later, but thank you for this. I was getting frustrated trying to figure out what the problem was.

1 Like

Mine still ocassionally hides itself. In delves it has done it a few times.

Actual lifesaver

This is the one!

I also have ElvUI and it does happen to me too.

Appears to be an ElvUI issue. If you turn off the Auto Hide as others have mentioned, then the Object Frame doesn’t go away. You can also use this macro to turn the object fame back on instead of /reload ui

/run if ObjectiveTrackerFrame:IsVisible() then ObjectiveTrackerFrame:Hide(); else ObjectiveTrackerFrame:Show(); end

I can’t find an open ticket for it so I’m not sure if they are aware of it or not.