Quest "Helboar, the Other White Meat" in Hellfire Pen. uses all meat

Issue: Using the Purification Mixture provided for the quest uses all the Tainted Helboar Meat in inventory but only provides 1 result.

Expected behavior, and the way it worked previously: If can use the Purification Mixture for each Tainted Helboar Meat in your inventory. If you have 3 meat, you can use the Mixture 3 times, each meat producing its own result.

Update: Sometimes it does not give a result at all, but still consumes all the meat.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue except it consumes 2 per use, if
I only have one tainted meat in bags I get nothing in return.

1 Like

Same issue for me, have to purify 2 at a time and only get one purified or toxic meat back. Try purifying just one, and I lose it.

Interestingly I found some bug reports from a few months ago saying that you could use the Purification mixture without any tainted meat, so I guess they made a new bug when fixing that one.

Yup.

Apparently the bugfix was not tested at all prior to being put in.

1 Like

Yeah, same. I put a bug report on it thinking I couldn’t finish the quest but the trick is to have at only 2 in inventory so only 2 disappear when the mixture is used and you still get something back. Less boar massacres that way.

I wasted almost a hour with no meat returned from purifying. Checked WOWhead Seen success with more then one in bags. I can confirm that it takes two tained to get one bad or good back.

1 Like

Additionally, it seems the Tainted Meat maxes out at 8 in your bag and killing helboars will not drop more. So if you have 8, you need to purify them (using 2 meat per purification attempt instead of 1) or not get any more to drop.