Quest Bug [Storm's Judgement]

I don’t know if this is new bug or not but I am really stuck on this quest. I have done this quest [Storm’s Judgement] with two of my toons and it went fine. This bug appeared on my third toon. So after I picked up this quest, I had to talk to Brother Pike, correct me if I am wrong with his name. After that, I had to go with three phases, kill the adds. I have heard lots of people reporting this quest for mobs spawning endlessly but I didn’t have this bug. And at the final phase, Wavespeaker Reid summoned a giant water elemental. The bug started at this phase. I tried to kill this, however, when he was about to defeat, he just disappeared and all the phase started to reset, which mean I had to talk to Brother Pike and had to start all over again. I am really confusing with this quest. Hope Blizzard fix this asap!!!

2 Likes

I have this same problem.

1 Like

I am also having this issue… I have seen posts about this bug (or at least about this quest being bugged) that are about a year and a half old. I also think it’s hilarious that you posted this two days after a supposed fix.

I don’t know what to do to fix it. I’ve tried everything I could find.

Same issue. Oddly it’s on my third toon as well. I’m guessing we’re just SOL since they “fixed” and it’s still screwed up.

1 Like

I made a report about this bug and it fixed. So I thought they really did fix it but that bug came again at my sixth toon lol. But it did bug only once.

Same here, except first time doing this quest.

When I get to the giant water elemental part, it disappears.

The quest then shows “Speak to Brother Pike” as complete, but “Wavespeaker Reid confronted” not complete.

1 Like

I later ran into another bug with another toon further along in this quest line, when you get to the boat (Abysmal Melody?), by not being able to attack mobs that are beating on me, and getting both “not in line of sight” and “no path available errors”.

Getting out of the boat, and going back in cleared that up. Logging out and logging back in fixed the Storm’s Judgement issue, but I suspect that leaving the area would have done the same, too.

Reminded of me the old joke about “closing the window, then opening the window” as the cure for most Windows bugs, i.e., dunno if the current crop of WoW devs are really incompetent or are struggling with spaghetti code.

I find if you dont do enough dps fast enough thats when it does the disappearing act… my pet classes can get it done no problem… my shadow priest is stuck on it… i might be able to get it done but its knockback limits the dps …i get to about 5 percent then it vanishes

1 Like

Yeah this seems to be a clear failure, if DPS can bring him down with 3/4 toons, why let it be a solo quest. I actually checked to make sure it wasn’t a group quest.