Quest are not Progressing

I am trying to level in the Shadowlands with a level 58 in time walking and I have had no issues until today. Every time I log back out and back in a quest will become available, I will complete the quest but it will not clear that quest and it does not allow me to progress until I log back out and back in again. I have reset my computer, my UI, I have logged back out and back in many times as that is the only way for it to update but then it just fixes the 1 quest and keeps doing it as I progress, and nothing is fixing this issue. I donā€™t know what else I am supposed to do. Thank you.

3 Likes

Edit this post to move to bugs.

But just to add, yes I am noticing quests not updating in TWW, since restarts.

Quests that were complete were still showing as not.
Tried abandoning several completed quests, but it would just give error ping.
Quests were not progressing on objectives.

Usually just a quick /reload will refresh the quests, and update objectives.

Thank you, I have edited it to ā€œbug report.ā€ That is exactly the issue I am having.

I too am having this issue. I have tried disabling all addons, resetting ui, reloading PC, and even reformatting windows on my PC with no success. After every quest step, I have to /reloadui in order for the next steps of the quest to update on my map/minimap/game entirely. Also this is happening to me in Dragonflight and World Within content! Very annoying issue!

I thought I was going crazy. I did restarts turn addons off and on and even went and replace the WTF files and still did the samething. Iā€™m just glad Iā€™m not the only one I to also reported the bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon but I guess in the meantime I just have to reset the ui everytime til then.

Having the same issue myself. The quests are a few steps behind and not updating the objectives when completed. Only /reload seems to work to progress the quests.

Same issue here. I can accept new quests and but they wonā€™t appear in the quest log. Quest helpers on the map/minimap (like area indicator or direction) also donā€™t appear. This is happening for all of my characters in content across the War Within, Shadowlands, and Dragonflight.

Deleting my local WTF, Cache, and Interface folders did not fix the issue nor did reinstalling or Battle.netā€™s ā€œScan and Repairā€ option.

Like others, typing the ā€œ/console reloaduiā€ command into chat will update the quest log.

2 Likes

Multiple threads for this it looks like. Iā€™ve tried this on different computers at different locations and itā€™s purely an account level issue that canā€™t be fixed client side. For now Iā€™m just /reload every time I get to a location, pick up a quest, or complete a quest. Extended maintenance tomorrow, hopefully that helps.

1 Like

Do any of you have any super old and defunct quests in your log? Like the ā€œCluckā€ quest? Or any quests that are ā€˜deadā€™? Iā€™m now grasping at straws here lol

Do you have any super old and defunct quests in your log? Like the ā€œCluckā€ quest? Or any quests that are ā€˜deadā€™? Iā€™m now grasping at straws here lol

Do any of you have any super old and defunct quests in your log? Like the ā€œCluckā€ quest? Or any quests that are ā€˜deadā€™? Iā€™m now grasping at straws here lol

Still broken after weekly reset. This is really disappointing.

1 Like

Well, since this wasnā€™t resolved I wanted to cast a wider net. I signed in on a different computer in my house and this problem wasnā€™t occurring there. I inadvertently triggered the whole Azjkahet end scenario and cinematic on the other computer and also switched my custom ā€œEdit Modeā€ layout to default (Modern). Then when I came back to my normal computerā€¦ itā€™s working there too now. Soo, I have no idea what actually fixed the problem, maybe its just fixed now. But I figured I would record all of that in case anyone else is still dealing with the problem. Maybe itā€™s helpful.

The weekly reset didnā€™t look to fix it automatically for me either, but after using ā€œ/console reloaduiā€ one more time the issue seems resolved as well.

1 Like