Quality of Customer Service

It isn’t the customer service teams job to do whatever you want them to, they have their own rules to follow and iirc, giving quest credit is an absolute no under any circumstances.

1 Like

sorry but if the error is from you, you’re not entitled to being handed out what you intended to receive.

sorry but that’s life

1 Like

I worked in customer service for a long time. While nobody HAS to go above and beyond, thats what makes for exceptional service. Part of customer service is realizing mistakes happen and trying to help people.

However, I have to agree with others on this. Only because if they do it for you, they have to do it for all the other people who make the same mistake. And while I dont necessarily see that as a bad thing, Im sure Blizz having their GMs spending time switching loot for people all day long isnt what they want them focusing on. Sorry this happened to you.

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head, and I couldn’t agree more.

What left me disgruntled was the impersonal nature of the interaction, and I believe Blizzard moving to a more out-of-game service model has a lot to do with that.

And while I understand where people are coming from in this thread, I believe that exceptional service is something that should be applauded and promoted more by Blizzard, rather than promoting scripted responses or outsourcing answers to WoWhead.

I’m just curious. What was the nature of the “unprofessional” response you got?

What did the CS rep say that was unacceptable?

impersonal =/= unprofessional

Their customer service is actually quite good compared to some other games. 20 hours is not a long wait. And with so many bugs these past few years or so, they cannot do in person interactions any longer all that often. There’s just too much wrong with the game.

I remember the days of a GM messaging you kindly and even if they couldn’t fix it they at least let you know they TRIED. That was when WoW had way more players. Large game companies are thinking only of the gains to their board and highest ranking employees. Its why positions like GM and community managers, the Blues that used to post in class forums etc. have all been gutted. Its not been for the best, either imo.

I’ve reported players for saying some FOUL things in keys or even lvling alts in dungeons. All sorts of slurs and even telling people to do harm to themselves and more/worse things. I don’t get any sort of followup from Blizz ever. Part of community toxicity is bc of the gutting of the people following up on these reports. Seems to only have gotten worse with COVID as well :frowning:

3 Likes

Exactly,

There was a time where even when a GM couldnt help your request, there was a dialogue that left you feeling good about the game you pay for, rather than an impersonal denial.

2 Likes

The company has more rules in place from taking partnering up.

the people responding to tickets do not have infinite power.

How can you say that you realize its your own mistake, and still be upset that you aren’t getting a magic fix for your mistake?

Stating that “you know you screwed up” doesn’t change that your stance is pretty entitled.

1 Like

The issue is not what the resolution was, but, rather, the DIFFERENCE in attitude by those employed by Blizzard’s customer service department years ago and today.

The difference exists and because we pay for a product, we have every right to discuss those differences. I would be disappointed if I did something that harmed my gameplay and was given a ‘sucks-to-be-you’ response.

In the past, Blizzard went overboard to make our gameplay experience as good as it could be. They used to be willing to replace items, even, move a character to a new realm to be with family, among other things. None of that is true today.

I deal with it, but, hey, of course, it is normal to be disappointed.

3 Likes

Contrary to the popular saying, the customer is not always right. Customer service doesn’t mean do whatever the customer wants.

2 Likes

Honestly it was your mistake… maybe you should not have bothered a GM with it at all. I am sure there are so few of them now that it did not help someone’s real problem get solved and faster. Be courteous.

Clearly you’ve seen by now that others have commented along the same lines, perhaps you’re failing to understand the nature and purpose of the post.

Except we don’t know verbatim what he responded. I highly doubt the gm that responded actually said tough cookies. So if he was polite and said unfortunately I can’t help you with this, but you’ll still be able to do the quest next week, he’s certainly not doing anything wrong by any measure in customer service.

It’s not about appeasement, they are not there to give you what you want unconditionally. There are rules they have to follow, sometimes they have to say no and you have to live with that.

1 Like

That you’ve been caught out on truly representing “karen” tendencies?

Whatever intention you think you have, its quite clear that its a cover for you to just whine about not having your screw up fixed.

Going back to the “old blizz” is an impossibility, and im assuming you truly know that.

Blizzard used to have a fantastic customer service, but now it’s justa bout as bad with most game companies.
PEople like to say it’s because of the pandemic but nah, it went from great to crap long before the pandemic.

1 Like

Owning up to a mistake and seeking out help through the channels provided to you by the game company you pay for is not something that is done in malice.

I hoped to rectify a mistake, that’s it; the only thing I had issue with was the impersonal nature / lack of effort displayed to rectify the issue by the GM’s response.

Calling someone a “Karen” is clickbait for likes, rather than contributing to the conversation at hand.

Personally i’ve never really dealt with their customer service but, most stories i’ve heard were that they were professional and polite even when they couldn’t fix someones issue. These threads are a rarity, and every single time, it turns out the op was demanding something they couldn’t give them and are throwing a fit because they didn’t get what they wanted.

1 Like