Quality MMORPGS

Hey brothers! Im getting ready to run a Tough Mudder today and I want something to look into when I’m dead on my couch after lol.

What other RPGs are you playing? Specifically any high fantasy ones worth checking out?

Otherwise I’m putting WoW off for some OSRS!
See y’all in Gielinor! :beers:

1 Like

Right now, just Runescape lol.

Go try Dokapon Kingdom Connect, freshly released on Switch. It’s fantasy, it’s online, it’s an RPG… You’ll… Love it.

Honest. Make sure you bring friends!

Palia MMORPG finally has a release date September 23 rd…I unsubscribe from wow and will be playing that

Gonna be resubbing to XIV for a bit after I get my PvP enchant this season.
It’s extremely retro, but also doing Toontown Online Rewritten with some friends, but that’s not everybody’s cup of tea and very casual.

ESO’s worst quality is its heavy monetization (and the usual Zenimax/Bethesda bugs, but meh). It excels everywhere else aside from its combat, imo. One of the most immersive fantasy worlds I’ve explored, tons of amazing stories, full voice acted to boot - and lots to see and do! Also hands down the best housing system on offer right now, and you get to keep them forever, even if you stop paying the optional sub or don’t log in for a while.

Generous sub, as well, for that matter.

I highly recommend it to high fantasy lovers, and especially Elder Scrolls fans. Honestly if WoW hadn’t hooked me so bad, I’d still be over there with it - and heck, I plan to return for a little bit when Necrom drops, anyway!

Otherwise, OSRS is always a good choice, as you’ve mentioned. I play it off and on when I want to vibe. I’ve also heard nothing but praise for LotRO!

2 Likes

What other MMOs do I play?

The two I play regularly are WoW and FF14. Those I would say are my two main ones. After that I play ESO and GW2 off and on, and still occasionally pop into Istaria to build my lair. Also, Boundless. Boundless is a Minecraft style MMO type game though. Not much to do outside building.

For recommendations I would say FF14 or ESO. FF14 is prolly my favourite out there (I like pretty much everything about the game), but the stories in ESO are great and the housing is fun.

1 Like

SWTOR (for MMO)

RPGs
Battlefront 2
Cyberpunk
AC Valhalla
Hogwarts

FFXIV and Guild Wars 2 are the only other two MMOs I would recommend.

For newer released RPGs, I would suggest Pathfinder: Kingmaker and it followup Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. For older released RPGs I would suggest Dragon Age: Origins.

Baldur’s Gate 3 is an honorable mention for newer released RPGs, only because it is currently in early access, but is said to fully release here in August. The amount of content you get in just the first act alone, is worth over 100 hours, with a different classes to play, and different choices to make and new secrets to find.

I would stay away from anything released by EA and Ubisoft at large.

Where does it say that? I only seen that they are sending out another wave of testers for the limited tech test.

Well there’s Witcher3 and Skyrim?
Maybe even Cyberpunk 2077 if you have a decent machine.

I assume you played Dragon Age: Inquisition. I have over 2000 hours clocked on that one.

Make a Steam account and sky’s the limit.

1 Like

That has become on of my more favorite games I have played.