Qalashi Wingshredder

This thing really needs to be redesigned to be like the Net-o-Matic 5000.

1. The range is so awful, the cast time makes it really difficult to demount someone because of how fast the dragon can fly.
  2. You cannot demount if someone is on the ground.
  3. 2min cd is just ridiculous.

Turning on war mode should create great risk to the player. That’s the point of having it on. Dragon riding reduces that risk considerably; even more so with how fast you can mount. The shredder should be a tool at players disposable which reduces the ability of someone getting themselves out of combat or putting a high risk of putting them in combat.

Changes:

1. 10 second CD, just like we previously had.
  2. Extend the range to triple or quadruple of what it is now.
  3. Dismount if on ground, just like it used to be.

It feels pretty challenging to find people with war mode on as is, given the size and scope of DF. Let’s make sure there’s some real risk in turning on war mode.

For The Horde…!!

6 Likes

Dismounting someone going 300 mph 500 feet in the air sounds way too fun it should be hard to do. haven’t bought it yet personally though, you could be correct on some things. u can already knock someone off for dragon vigor if you’re close so i don’t see why they would buff the gun thaat much but maybe a bit. I imagine people will be maxing their mount speed with whatever available options there are so idk I have to try this myself. I imagine not much posting here cus no one has bought it XD

If you’re on the ground and decide to engage in combat, it will take 1.5 seconds to mount, you’ll spend 2-3 vigor to build speed, by this time the distance between you and the target is just far too great.

I’m sure there are people who’ve already gotten really good at chasing people down but I’ve found this to be pretty difficult.

1 Like

Alternatively keep the cooldown and range as is but add the following 2 buffs to it

1. Make it usable while dragonflying. I want to chase people in the air and shoot them down while on my dragon.

2. Give a 1 minute “Unable to mount” debuff to those hit by a Wing Shredder.

2 Likes

Dang, it doesn’t work while they are on the ground? For me that was it’s one use since we can already dismount in the air.

How long is the cast time?

Ty for this thread btw you saved me 1000 coins.

1 Like

It’s absolutely not worth 1000 coins in it’s current state. I just have to wonder if the folks who made this actually wpvp or they hate wpvp and this is yet another way to nerf wpvp.

2 Likes

we really didn’t have a chance to test it on the beta. Supply drops werent working and there wasn’t an easy way to get bloody tokens.

IMO it should be instant cast if it has a 2min cooldown. OR, have it be useable on a mount and instead of dismounting, it drains all their vigor/puts a slow on them so they can’t regen.

The fact that it can’t affect players on the ground means its absolutely worthless. its better to just use whirling surge to dismount.

1 Like

It does work while they are on the ground, I don’t know what OP is on about when it comes to this. I have it and it works just fine on players on the ground.

The cooldown is unwarranted though. I don’t know why it has a cooldown when Net-o-Matic didnt and when that same player can just mount up when they’re out of combat. I do use the barrel roll dismount very often though, its fun clipping players of their mount like that in the air.

It’d be nice if it had a longer range too, to justify its cast time.

I have streamed my trying to use this while players are on the ground on a dragon riding mount and it will not dismount them. That’s what I’m on about. I’m happy to stream this specifically for you, if that’ll make you happy?

1 Like

And I have used this many times on players on the ground while on a dragon riding mount and it does dismount them. I can clip it in a few when my friend gets on and I’ll post it on streamable or something for you to see.

Maybe there are instances where it fails unintentionally but I haven’t noticed it. To be fair though I just got it today.

So if someone spends 3 vigor to leap a great distance forward and you’re trying to save 3 points to knock them possibly why wouldnt they get away? it literally says leap a great distance forward. I got chased down a few different times it didnt seem like i could go THAT much faster than anyone else.

Yeah, in its current state, the Wingshredder is difficult to make use of. Wouldn’t recommend buying it unless you have nothing else to spend on.

Between its short range and its long casting time. it’s just not compatible to use against dragonriding. It also puts you in combat, meaning whomever you dismounted is almost certainly going to remount before you can reach them, unless you’re with someone who can chase immediately. Completely defeats the purpose. It needs to either only put the target in combat, or put a mount prevention debuff on them for ~30s (I think 1min would be too strong).

The cooldown is also pretty absurd. Dragonriding is a hallmark of this expansion; the dismount item shouldn’t have a 2min CD.

No need, the dragon spiral move itself can dismount,

1 Like

If you can catch up ya. Hit detection feels a bit wonky especially if the guy Im trying to spiral out of the air sees me coming and starts dodging.

Would be cool if the Shredder acted similar to the purple orbs though. Slow down to a crawl

I stopped buying this PoS item months ago because I only ever got “Target is not in line of sight” every time. The Net-o-matic 5000 works right now, I hope they did that on purpose.

They didn’t do it on purpose, they messed up on it again but in a good way this time. Before, the Net-o-Matic 5000 could barely be used anywhere because it broke in Dragonflight. We were only able to use it in Shadowlands zones because it was bugged, and after months of spamming the War Mode forums, Fangle got it fixed lol.

Fixed in the sense that it now works everywhere, even in zones where its not supposed to (like Dragon Isles) but hey, who’s complaining about that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amen! Thanks for the info