PvP Weekly Honor Calculations Date and Time

That is pretty crappy. I have a ticket in right now plus I submitted a bug report.

1 Like

I submitted a ticket this morning:
Per Kaivax’s blue post on the forums on 5/11/21, PVP activities were supposed to count towards rank in both vanilla classic and the TBC title system. Upon logging in to TBC today I only have the PVP rank 11 title (Lieutenant General). However on my cloned character ‘classic era’ character, I am PVP rank 12 (General). This means the pvp calculation and ranking was applied only to vanilla classic and not TBC.

I received this response:

Hello Adventurer!

With our ticket queues being extremely busy, and in the interest of saving you some time, we are sending you this automated reply with some resources that should help you with your achievement issue.

Please try out the following steps:

• Check our support articles for any specific mentions of your issue: https://battle.net/support/
  • Check the comment sections of various fansites for the achievement that you are having trouble with:
    [link to wowhead]
    [link to icy veins]
  • Ask for potential advice from the WoW community in our forums:
    [link to forums]
  • Reset your User Interface and try again without any addons:
    [link to support article]
  • If you believe that you’ve encountered a bug, please report it as such:
    [link to support article]
    Please understand that Game Masters may be unable to grant achievements.

Thank you for your time!

I resubmitted as a bug in lieu of a ticket.

1 Like

This still needs to be addressed.

2 Likes

Here is what I got back from the GM, it looks more promising then before at least

We’ve had reports of the PVP title not updating and we’ve passed it along to our developers for investigation. If they can verify that it’s a bug, they’ll do their best in to permanently fix it in a hotfix or a patch, depending on what it takes to fix it.

However, this may not be a bug. the honor calculation took place a day early this week, and any PVP after that day wouldn’t count towards ranking. We had a blue post about it here: PvP Weekly Honor Calculations Date and Time

In any case, Game Masters don’t have a way to see how many rank points you had and we can’t edit PVP titles in WoW Classic or Burning Crusade Classic. :frowning:

Instead, if you run into any potential bugs when playing, it’s definitely best to put in a bug report. Even if us Game Masters can fix a given issue for you, you still want to get the information over to Quality Assurance, and the best way to do that is to put in a Bug Report.

4 Likes

I put in a bug report for mine also, here was my GM response. As with those posting here, I made sure to get my ranking done before the deadline blizzard gave us on the forums.

"Greetings, Holland!

Thank you for your patience! Sorry about the wait, our office equipment is goblin made so explosions do happen!

Could it be that you achieved your rank on the last day before the maintenance? The snapshot of your character to be cloned was taken the day before, so anything done after that won’t count. You can read more about that at PvP Weekly Honor Calculations Date and Time If that’s not the case then you can create a bug report via the bug report option in the ticket system. Then our developers can look into this further and fix any possible issues. Thanks for letting us know!

Regards,

GM Xyresyk,
The one with the slightly singed hair,
Blizzard Europe"

1 Like

Why don’t i have my title yet?..

3 Likes

At least these tickets seem to be kinda moving in the right direction. In the EU thread, somebody posted a tweet response from Customer service, so hopefully we see some good news soon.

2 Likes

How is it that players can run a script to see their RP but a GM cannot. It is in the API.

2 Likes

This is better than what we had before, but they need to stop pretending like they can’t verify for sure. I personally validated that my vanilla character reached R12, but my TBC character did not. They just did not apply the honor calculation prior to the snapshot like they said they would. They clearly did it after.

I don’t expect they’ll fix this because it’s going to be a lot of work that doesn’t affect their bottom line.

1 Like

If I understand what the GM is getting at, he’s saying that your PVP exclusively on Monday is what allowed you to rank up in vanilla, but not TBC??? I didn’t PVP at all on Monday, and I’m like 30% into R12 in vanilla, but only R11 in TBC.

It’s just nonsense. Per this blue post the honor calculation was supposed to be completed prior to snapshot, but that clearly just didn’t happen.

2 Likes

Yeah same. All I did on Monday was check to see if my rank up had been applied. When it hadn’t, I logged.

All my PvPing was done after the 16th.

1 Like

That is exactly the implication I got from his message. I only did like one BG on monday so I know that can’t be the issue.

I’m guessing this has to do with them snapshotting earlier than they said they would in their forum post, or perhaps due to the new honor calculations idk. I just want my rank that I grinded for.

1 Like

I’m still hopeful you all get your titles corrected. I might not be a fan of the current state of BGs but I definitely support you all in this. Good luck.

1 Like

I was logging on and off right up until maintenance happened and it never updated (it is now, and yes, I paid the $15 just to check). The guy who was running BGs with me ranked up on Tuesday morning and has the correct title in TBC. It is a goof and they really need to correct it. MY OWN ALT gained rank on Tuesday morning.

1 Like

The thing here is, it’s not even a big ask. Reflect the work, time, and effort people put in during the final week as people worked towards their ranking up until the monday deadline. To not have it calculated and told “Did you PVP on monday because we told you monday wasn’t gonna count.” Is just bad optics, and is absurd.

I hope we see an update on this from a blue.

2 Likes

It’s been a bug since early classic (ranks won’t update same time, and if you’re playing the rank won’t update until you log out for a few hours)

I’ve gone 13 hours before my rank finally updated it, unfortunately they rushed pre-patch and now ranks are messed up.

they should’ve ended ranks a week earlier before pre-patch and had a chance to fix the issues, instead of releasing pre patch the NEXT DAY after ranks were supposed to end.

Just a mess by Activsion for rushing it.

1 Like

Sounds like they know they made a mistake and wont do anything about it

2 Likes

@Blue, happy to hear we’re getting a change in honor for pre-patch! Can we maybe get a potential update / official “We’re looking into this” here for the calculation issue TBC characters are seeing?

Revert all honor gains made during prepatch and take everyones gear that earned it when we were being kicked from BGs.

3 Likes