PvP Weapons of Conquest Update

We’ve closely followed discussions about the “Weapons of Conquest” quest for the free Gladiator weapon, and we’ve decided to update it.

Due to the concerns regarding the current implementation of the quest, we took the opportunity to re-evaluate how we could approach the situation. We’d like to try putting weapon choice back in the hands of the player while smoothing out some of the rough edges that sparked your feedback.

With hotfixes, we will make the following changes:

• The quest “Weapons of Conquest” will be deprecated and removed from all players’ quest logs.
  • A new achievement called Forged Weapons of Conquest will be added to the Feats of Strength → PvP category, with a criteria to earn 2500 Conquest during The War Within Season 1 on that character.
    • Progress towards this achievement is retroactive, and you can view progress towards it by checking your ‘Season Earned’ amount on your Conquest currency.
  • Upon completion of this achievement, you will be awarded 2 Forged Gladiator’s Weapon Tokens via mail, similar to the Mark of the Spelunker Supreme from the seasonal milestone achievement.
  • While in possession of these tokens, Lalandi in Dornogal will offer weapons from her entire selection, allowing you to choose your preferred weapon.
    • All 2H weapons will cost 2 tokens, and all 1H/OH pieces will cost 1 token.
    • Warriors are an exception, to equitably accommodate Fury, and will find that their 2H Strength options only cost 1 token.
  • Once you have spent both tokens, Lalandi will offer her weapons for Conquest once more.
    • As before, you cannot purchase weapons with Conquest until after earning the Forged Weapons of Conquest achievement on that character.

These updates are planned for the next weekly maintenance (Tuesday, September 24 in this region). At that time, the seasonal Conquest cap will be increased beyond the threshold needed to earn this achievement.

As always, we would like to thank everyone for sharing their thoughts over the past couple weeks. Good luck on the fields of battle!

20 Likes

Finally!!! Thank you very much for this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a really good change! Especially for Fury Warriors!

Good job guys!

7 Likes

That’s much better, thanks.

2 Likes

Way better

1 Like

uhhhhhhhhh… so why are fury getting this nonsensical advantage over literally every other spec in the game? There is zero precedent for this in the entirety of the twenty year history of the game…

What is going on here?

Because Fury is the only spec that dual wields two 2-handers

7 Likes

There’s always one … LOLONETOKEN advantage, all other tanks suck.

Clearly the concept eludes you, try to understand it.

1 Like

? If they want two free weapons, they have a choice they can make with their talents… why are they entitled to a free 2h conquest weapon when no one else gets this unfair advantage. It is highly suspect and frankly just not right that this is occurring.

What are you even going on about? I am just pointing out this has never occurred in two decades of wow history where a single spec gets a free conquest item for some reason. It is highly inappropriate.

No it’s not, the choice via talents is to opt into use 2 1-handed weapons which isn’t viable at all for the spec (unlike Frost DK using 2-handers).

Because their spec requires them to use two 2-handed weapons because of Titan’s Grip passive.

Not an unfair advantage, no other spec can use two 2-handers at the same time.

What’s shocking is normally Fury gets screwed over, now they can be on pace with every other spec that dual wields in PvP.

But you are simply a forum troll posting in reply to a Blue Post which is generally highly moderated so more likely than not your post will probably be removed.

6 Likes

oh thank the chaos gods great decision you did make because oh damn the stat was bad on my weapon

1 Like

This is the biggest W of all time!!!

1 Like

“They made a change so fury can get both of their weapons like rogues, shaman, etc can. This is a nonsensical advantage!”

Are you okay? This is literally making it so fury isn’t penalized in pvp for not using single minded fury, which is a DPS loss in every instance to use.

Re:OP: Thank you. I never grabbed that quest and was very confused when I realized the conquest I earned in the open world didn’t count towards it, but DID count towards the season limit.

Would have unfairly penalized people who earned conquest in non instance content because of the limit.

3 Likes

Can you name a spec that uses 2 2H weapons? AND it’s default. You have a take a talent to even use 1H weapons as Fury.

I can wait.

But I’ve seen others have already made this point, so… move along.

This didnt address the main issue which is that most people want the embellishment on their weapon and we wont use this unless we can get heraldry. Is there a 10 heraldry option we can get too?

3 Likes

Use the Heraldry you get from the quest? It gives you nine for free…

Another great PvP change TWW is shaping up to be a great PvP expansion

1 Like

that quest is completely seperate from this one and if you use that 9 on a 2h here this quest is useless and youre put back about 2500 conq compared to everyone else since you couldnt make use of the quest

1 Like

So I can get my BM bow and my SV spear!!! Freaking awesome.