PvP Vendors in 8.2 straw poll

Ah those 73 smart people :wink: also, grats on level 3

2 Likes

I understand that everyone almost went for the same ā€˜ā€˜orderā€™ā€™ of bought items, but having to fill the whole conquest bar knowing that Iā€™m going to DE the predetermined piece anyway because I got lucky in mythic + and got a good item in that slot. Insted, if I could spend my point on one item i know that I need would feel SO much better and entice you more to farm conquest point to be able to CHOOSE what you are getting as a reward ! Keep this UP !

1 Like

I heard they are changing combat in 9.0 because this predetermined Oder thing is catching on:

Now all class abilities will be replaced by an attack button that you press repeatedly and it does your optimal DP rotation in sequence.

Please bring back vendors, I like having the opportunity to make decisions about what is the best for my character.

1 Like

72 of them are probably PvE guys from GD, who threw a fit over the poll. :rofl:

2 Likes

Why would it have to be pve people?

I was jk cuz of that one thread.

Also, I would like to at least see honor vendors again. The new (or should I say old from Legion) honor system sucks, IMO.

1 Like

That is exactly what I thought!!! They really threw a fit :joy:

1 Like

Gotcha. It doesnā€™t take pveā€™ers to not mind the system we have now.

Nope, not at all. I can even see your point about not getting the highest gear via conquest strictly through randoms. Itā€™s just what people got used to. I still think there should be some better source of progression for randoms though.

Itā€™s also a tough argument to make considering how easy some of the high lvl PvE gear is to get (another argument, since I donā€™t think PvE gear should be best for PvP). Anywayā€¦

I just donā€™t think it feels good or rewarding, esp the useless honor system. Vendors offered goals to work toward and more choices. I like that.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t believe it when they changed the system in Legion and still canā€™t get my head wrapped around how the decision is still made to keep this system.

I am a casual player but 90% of my time played is in PVP, mostly random BGā€™s but some arenas with a buddy throughout each week. When the change happened in Legion, I almost felt forced to do PVE to keep a decent feel of gearing. Killed the game for me. RNG rewards for pvp after over a decade of earning and selecting what gear upgrade you would get was the worst possible change for me. I didnā€™t play Legion much because of it and now with BfA Iā€™ve barely played at all (unsubbed before a month into this xpac) and only came back to check out 8.2 with a couple buddies.

Itā€™s just complete trash. Not rewarding, not fun, not engaging. Nothing. Just complete frustration with this system.

I feel like the best design was with resilience or having pvp gear be a lower ilvl but gets boosted when in pvp combat/zones. That made the most sense. Helped out since by design PVE players had the much more powerful gear by default.

With the combination of them removing those pvp systems and the vendors I think Iā€™m just about completely done with this game. I mean, PVP can still be decent fun, but thereā€™s nothing keeping me playing. Thereā€™s nothing I can specifically work towards. Thereā€™s nothing to actually look forward to. Power and progression in an MMO is critical and Blizz has seriously failed players who mostly focus on PVP.

7 Likes

100% agree with all of that Gorvitz. Well said.

3 Likes

2,517 Votes this is amazing keep it up. :+1:

2 Likes

We WANT VENDORS STILL!!!

2 Likes

Yeah thereā€™s a slight degree of choice but itā€™s not enough. Having a set progression for gear in one system when all the rest of the game is a loot pinata/Titanforge lottery system feels bad.

2 Likes

Someone posted this on mmo-champion forums I put a link there to go vote in the PVP section. :rofl:

2 Likes

They arenā€™t wrong. It is fine without vendors.

I donā€™t think any amount of votes will make a change. Much like with pathfinder, Blizzard thinks theyā€™re absolutely right in their decision and not even 80%+ of the community saying otherwise will change their minds.

This is why they frown on polls. 2000 isnā€™t even a drop in the bucket of the actual community.

And the 3 people that voted against vendors? What do they represent? A molecule in the bucket of the actual community?

4 Likes

2,572 of the 2,673 polled is a huge majority. If they were to poll every single WoW player I donā€™t see the results being off by more than 15%.

2 Likes