PvP vendor - worried

Yes but if M+ can be 90% optimal along with raiders doing ONLY their content why can pvp not be?

Honor gear fully maxed out takes around 150 hours right now on beta. 7 ilvls above mythic ZERO. They have absolutely NOT given us what we asked for. No one is asking, well most aren’t, for PVP gear to automatically be amazing powerful from farming casual BGs.

However we do expect to have the SAME level of progression as PVE and the ability to farm and be 90% optimal like everyone else. How we’re going to pretend grinding up to 2200+ rating is similar to running a +14 is comical.

This system is for show or for casual alts/pvpers to slowllly gear up over time. Anyone serious or semi-serious is forced to progress solely through other means in order to be competitive and only then will they start getting any progression from PVP.

2 Likes

The grind might not be that bad if you take a group of 3-5 friends and just steam roll them. But playing with very subpar casuals the entire time will be the usual torture that it is :wink:

Yup totally, you NEED an established friend group to grind who are good. The initial beta report and that guy’s spreadsheet did a great job illustrating the difficulty of farming the gear but his honor value he used was lower than you get even in a loss, I believe 300 was his baseline so the 150 hours is far from true. Mind you, you also NEED to que as alliance for the 50% passive bonus and take heavy advantage of Bg week the first week of slands release. (Sorry this is repetitive)

Yeah I’ll have to try to queue merc. It doesn’t always work well though if everyone is trying to do the same thing, especially when all the bad players are trying to get into the “winning side.”

“Multiple” as in all the various M+ dungeons and raid difficulties.

Also, “I am concerned I will have to PVE for my PVP gear”

???

I think you need to check his spreadsheet again:

Right now, a battlegroud win on the beta awards 300 honor. Let’s throw in an additional 100 honor for mid-battleground rewards. So, 400 honor per win. We’ll say 100 honor per loss. I think this is generous, but humor me.

Let’s say you have a 50% win loss rate, so we can average the win vs loss values.

This results in a 250 honor per battleground value.

He was using numbers from the beta, where are your numbers coming from?

You could always do M+ or the raid for extra gear

Ok?

“I don’t want to PVE for gear”
“You could PVE for gear instead”

5 Likes

???

All I’m saying is M+ and Raids drop gear too?? Have you not done them before???

He’s correct numbers wise but NOT factoring in the 50% bonus for alliance (or mercenary mode) which is 600 honor per win, add on the 1st week of slands Bg week equals 800 honor per win (200% gained vs horde non Bg week). Since his post blizzard has also nerfed the costs of upgrading by 33%. The examples I gave were if you pvp’d and won every game with a full five man group (unrealistic but just as an example). With this example 15 minute matches will take 26 hours and 20 minutes around 34 hours to get full 190 gear

If you have a 50% win rate in random bgs with a full set of (good) friends/ players then good luck to ya…

Another lazy person complaining about game being too hard?

2 Likes

Must be laziness that OP isn’t excited about how the grind for improving honor gear is not worth it at all, and that raiding/m+ will be an easier way to gear for pvp instead of pvp itself.

3 Likes

Is that going to count for honor currency? Or just for that honor level thing we got in Legion?

Oh that I don’t know, I think it will be the same tho incentivizing the use of mercenary mode still

I can’t wait for the horde tears if that is the case haha. But I doubt that will happen. Maybe more people will roll Alliance to cash in…

Wait for the next round of Riot layoffs I suppose.

Yes, I don’t consider individual circumstances or one week out of every… 5? Not sure how often bg events come around, because the numbers won’t be universal for everyone.

You start with what numbers we definitively have.
We don’t know what alliance bonus there will be (if any) in the earlier stages of the expansion.
I don’t know how much time each individual player will be able to q bg’s during a weekly bonus event.
I don’t know if each individual player has a group of friends who are skilled in pvp such that wins are virtually guaranteed.

I didn’t write the post with “me” in mind. I wrote a generic average that people are free to manipulate to better suit their individual circumstances

1 Like

Don’t fret. If you do nothing but pvp to gear you should be gtg about a month before the next major patch (when item levels increase again and you get to start all over).

2 Likes

I’m only worried about the time taken to upgrade, not really the gear itself. The gear looks pretty good, but if it takes me 3 months to get a fully upgraded conquest set (to my respective rank) when someone who does only PvE takes 2 months to get their full set then that will be quite disappointing.

Hoping they get that figured out.

1 Like

If you actually read the post I’m just saying that PvP gearing doesn’t not seem very good and honor gear is useless without a PvP stat, like previous expansions. It will take a long time to get a full conquest set upgraded to the max and how PvE will just be far superior in speed and efficiency. Not sure if you do arena but it was the whole point of the vendor in the first place and the vendor was successful for most of wow’s time.