PVP System Changes are listed here, and the PTR for Classic Era PVP is up. GREAT CHANGES

RP does not exist in the new system. The numbers are the same.

Standing 1 in the old system earned 65K RP… 750K honor in the new system earns 65K CP.

60K RP/CP is needed for rank 14.

CP was present in both. RP was removed.

If you are rank 0 and then get 750k Honor in 1 week, would that not also place you in rank14? There’s non-decay related gates to the amount of CP you can advance every week.

ITT: Unemployed people trying to make employed people feel bad.

2 Likes

In the original system, 20% of your CP/RP are applied to your rank each week… so with 750K honor (65K RP/CP) you would earn 13K after a single week. This puts you at rank 4.

In SoM, 40% of your CP/RP are applied to your rank each week… so with 750K honor, you would earn 26K after a single week. This puts you at rank 7.

Under the new system, with an 8-week timeline, it will be closer to (maybe not exactly, but close enough to get my point) 33% of your CP/RP applied to your rank each week… so with 750K honor, you would earn about 21,450 CP after a single week. This puts you at rank 6.

You could reverse engineer the exact decay percentage in the new system using the information available to us, but that is going to take way more time than I have available to me at noon on a Wednesday. It might be 30% rather than 33%.

I think you are predicting too much of this new system and not lending credence to the possibility that

could be referring to something else entirely divorced from the old system, newly installed gates.

People have already been playing the ptr. Including myself. I had a change to grind out about 400k week 1. Nobody noticed an invisible variable conjured out of thin air. Everything looks in line with how you’ve had it explained to you

2 Likes

I don’t get it. How much CP is required for r14?

Honor cap of 750K awards 65K CP, multiplied by the decay percentage (which is around 30% - exact number can be reverse engineered by someone with more time on their hands)

1 Like

I appreciate your answer, but I really can’t understand why they would map Honor into CP and then multiply that number by 20%. Why not just map honor to less CP in the first place?

I really thought 100% of your RP was applied to your rank each week in the old system. I also thought decay was for your total RP accumulated, not the RP you earned that week.

Because the decay multiplier makes RP gain a logarithmic curve. This is what creates that positive feedback loop that makes you play more as you get higher and higher ranks.

If you don’t have a decay multiplier, then rank gains would be linear and boring.

When decay was 20%, the formula was 0.2 * (RP earned for the week - your current RP) = RP gain for the week.

At the current 40% decay, the formula is 0.4 * (RP earned for the week + your current RP) = RP gained for the week.

If RP earned for the week is negative, then your rank goes down. Negative RP was always capped at 2500 (half a rank per week). There was never a cap on RP gained, but the decay multiplier makes RP gain a logarithmic curve that slows as you get closer to rank 14.

In the new system, CP loss is still capped at 2500, but with the addition that you can no longer de-rank. So if you’re halfway thru rank 13 and earn 0 honor, you will still lose half a rank… but you won’t ever fall below rank 13 if you continue to earn 0 honor per week after that.

The new system is extremely close to the original. Just implements a hard cap on honor and removes the part where your progress is ranked against your own faction.

as someone who farmed HWL on faerlina back when classic came out, these changes are great!

1 Like

Yep it’s basically the same system, but blizzard is forcing hard caps to prevent psychos living in bamboo abuelos from going nuclear and raising everyone’s caps to 2 million

Also if you were someone capable of like rank 12 on your work schedule, you now won’t derank. So if you’re me, I have an alternative schedule and often rack up 40-50 hours in 3 days and am generally free unless tending to my other projects right - so I can essentially play to rank 12, plan my schedule accordingly for rank 13, take a break, and do the same thing if I wanted 14.

It’s very accommodating to people who can’t borg out/unemployed and haveresponsibilities etc

4 Likes

Okay so, say I get 750k honor = 65k CP each week. That means I get 13k…CP each week after the 20% thing. That means 5 weeks for 60,000 CP = r14 or what am I missing?

You’re missing the parentheses, which I also forgot in my above post.

When decay was 20%, the formula was 0.2 * (RP earned for the week - your current RP) = RP gain for the week

That’s RP gain not your new rank.

Imagine 750k caps on instant q horde

Another L for the cringe blue faction.

1 Like

I love WSG and can play it all day. It’s fantastic because 1 person can make a big difference. When I go up against Pre-mades I just stand off to the side and dare anyone to come at me 1v1. =) They usually dont cuz I’ve probably killed them before. lol =)

1 Like

When I get stomped in wsg I just sit somewhere in shadowmeld and try and dispel free action potions. It’s a fun mini game

2 Likes

lazarak ftw <3

1 Like

sounds like the dream

1 Like